Viveka & Vichara - weekly contemplation from Acharya Vivekji

Form your group, and discuss with your acharya(s) a selected topic. Highly recommended for study groups.

Re: Viveka & Vichara - weekly contemplation from Acharya Vivekji

Postby AcharyaVivek » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:13 am

Namah Te from Phoenix!

i hope this message finds all my fellow seekers infinitely, constantly and unconditionally Joyous!

A couple of weeks ago i was at Cape Spear - the easternmost point of North America. As i observed the endless turquoise waters of the Atlantic crash onto the ever changing rocks of Newfoundland i was thinking...is cheese-cake ice cream better than cookie-dough ice cream...should i downgrade my cellphone...i wonder if i will be sitting beside a loud person on the plane...and countless other MUNDANE thoughts.

To understand MYSTICAL thoughts, we must look to and up at the noble Yudishthira. He and all of Bharata Varsha know he will be the future king of the land. However, he does not know how rule...he does not know how to lead. Yudhishthira's nobility shines by his insight to approach the noblest Bhisma and asking him the most fundamental questions, the most functional questions. Anyone who works with people will be wise to tune into this question session facilitated by our E-Vichara...

E-Vichara (August 8, 2016) --- How to be Royal

-Who is the one illuminator of all? - if people know every being is born of the Original Parent, people would see themselves in others more, people would be more affectionate

-Who is the one purpose of all? - if people know every being is pursuing their Joyous Nature, people would see themselves in others more, people would be more supportive

-Whose praise creates auspiciousness for all? - if people know every being is an expression of Infinite Oneness, people would see themselves in others more, people would be more humble

-Whose invocation creates auspiciousness for all? - if people know every being is of Divine Potential, people would see themselves in others more, people would be more devout

-Who is the highest responsibility for all? - if people know every being is part of the Loving Creator, people would see themselves in others more, people would be more inclusive

-Whose remembrance frees all? - if people know every being is Forever Free, people would see themselves in others more, people would be more accepting

And the answer to ALL of the above questions...Bhagavan Narayana...the means (ayana) for a human (nara) to be Royal.

Reflection Adventure of the Week (RAW): Swami means master. In the field of self development mastery is over the senses. Only the joyous ones do not depend on the senses for completion. Please experience Pujya Swami Tejomayananda's insights on how easily we can be Masters --- Right Thinking, Joyful Living! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48iCu123-0I)

Laughing Adventure of the Week (LAW):
Two cows are standing in a field.

One says to the other, "Are you worried about Mad Cow Disease?"

The other one says, "No it doesn't worry me, I'm a horse!"

Satsanga Adventure of the Week (SAW):
Retreats and Yatra-s
-Our 4th Divya Shakti Retreat is fast approaching! Join Swamini Vimalananda, Acharya Vilasini and myself to Find Your Courage. 100s of thoughtful women will gather in Washington DC from Oct 7-9 to understand Navaratri, to invoke Devi in a most meaningful and transformative way. Please register and invite your family, friends, etc. for a sattvik roadtrip to a sattvik retreat --- Engage, Energize and Evolve as Devi-s! (http://cmwrc.chinmayadc.org/study-groups/devi-group/retreatforwomenoct2016/)

-Our Canada Yatra is full. Our Trinidad Yatra is half full. Our America Yatra is rapidly filling up. Be sure to register and spread the word about these unique adventures to rediscover one's potential --- The Chinmaya Inspiration Yatra-s (http://www.chinmayaniagara.org/specialevents.htm)

Courses and Clubs
-Our Vichara Virtual Gurukula is nearing capacity. The Advanced Vedanta Course is full at 100 Students. The Moha Mudgara Course is nearing our maximum of 40 Groups. The Vedanta in Ramayana Course is growing with many Centres registered --- Vichara Virtual Gurukula Registration Details (https://www.facebook.com/705672716238464/photos/a.744963172309418.1073741828.705672716238464/744963145642754/?type=3&theater)

-Our Mananam Reading Club, details in the Special E-Vichara (July 25, 2016) --- Zootopia, has reached 95 seekers. 'Last call' for those wanting to support and be supported in tuning into the vision of our Guru-shishya-parampara.

"Make a grave for all problems, do not make a grave of problems for ourselves! Even the grave is no problem for those who know how to meet it." ~ Swami Chinmayananda

Inspire-Love-Be,

AV
AcharyaVivek

Postby AcharyaVivek » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:43 pm

Namah Te from Banff!

i hope this message finds all my fellow seekers infinitely, constantly and unconditionally Joyous!

Dallas, Cleveland, Frederick, Pittsburgh, Toronto, Saint Johns, Niagara, Chantilly and Washington DC…August’s travel.

Tattva Bodha, Sadhana Panchakam, Annual Seva Training, Youth Seva Training, Hanuman Chalisa, Puja Vidhi, Vibhishana Gita and Nirvana Shatakam…August’s teaching.

i travel a lot!
i teach a lot!
BUT
am i learning a lot?
am I growing a lot?

What is the purpose of traveling, teaching, working, studying, caring, breathing, any verb we are engaged in, if we are not evolving?

We have all heard Acharya Shankara’s Bhaja Govindam 100s of times.
We have all chanted Acharya Shankara’s Bhaja Govindam 10s of times.
BUT
Have we all evolved with Acharya Shankara’s Bhaja Govindam even 1 time?

Purpose is the purpose of our E-Vichara

E-Vichara (August 22, 2016) --- Growing into Bhaja

-to sing - whenever we enjoy a certain experience, a certain art, a certain subject, naturally we express this enjoyment with others and/or oneself – some people sing about the Higher prompted by culture, some prompted by entertainment, some prompted by profession and in all cases the prompting is not independent interest

-to seek - seeking demands thinking about our lower-self for then we better understand our Higher-Self – by appreciating we are not capturing our ability (cap-ability) we invoke inspiration to change

-to serve - seekers who apply their mind to the Higher will naturally grow from living for ‘me’ to living for ‘we’ – Hanumanji’s golden ear-rings teach us to be endlessly engaged in shravana (seeking) and His golden wrist-rings teach us to be endlessly engaged in seva (serving)

-to worship - evolving from a passive experiencing of bhajan-s to actively using our software/hardware, we can deepen our bhaja by following an ideal – Pujya Swami Tejomayananda shares “An altar in life alters one’s life.”, and this dedication is felt in our courageous willingness to sacrifice any/all lower pursuits which stealthily inhibit our potential

-to love - more demanding than a lifestyle revolving around the Higher is a vision of the Higher - to love is to identify with Infinity (Spirit) and synchronously to dis-identify with separation (ego)

-to Be - every verb implies a subject engaged in some movement, some change, some effort, some becoming, that is except Being - Being is most natural, Being is our Nature, Being is the fulfillment of Bhaja

+ carvaning with 30 foot RVs
+ gathering yatri-s from 13 cities
+ sleeping in a different 'spot' (spot = little to no water, electricity [including heat!] and connectivity) for 10 days
+ contemplating, reading and hiking in 1 powerful (we need to carry bear bells and be alert for wolves) national park
= The Chinmaya Inspiration Yatra VI is definitely immersed in bhaja...

Reflection Adventure of the Week (RAW): Did you listen to Pujya Swami Tejomayananda's insights on how easily we can be Masters? Those insights were shared in Niagara. And He shared the same even more simply in London so please check out the following --- Right Thinking, Joyful Living! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZWXVseoPbc)

Laughing Adventure of the Week (LAW): Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

Satsanga Adventure of the Week (SAW): Too awesome for me to describe is Jammin' in Jamaica in June with Swami Prakashananda...poster attached!

"Only if there is hate in the heart does one get tired of people. Do you ever get tired of your arms and legs? Do you ever want them to go away?" ~ Swami Chinmayananda

Inspire-Love-Be,

AV
Attachments
Jammin' in Jamaica Yatra --- 2016.jpg
AcharyaVivek

Postby AcharyaVivek » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:38 pm

Namah Te dear All,

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." ~ Albert Einstein

A blessed group of young adults were able to intimately experience the import of this message by exploring Banff National Park / Jasper National Park. What we learned on our Yatra is the message of our E-Vichara...

E-Vichara (September 5, 2016) --- The Chinmaya Inspiration Yatra VI

-what we learned from the Mountains is natural humility - humans can create bricks to build, bombs to destroy and all in between yet humans cannot come close to the art of the Creator expressed as the grandeur of the sun, ocean, etc.

-what we learned from the Snow is powerful serenity - snow absorbs noise, snow enforces toughness, snow inspires quietude and all of these lead to contentment

-what we learned from the Falls is tireless persistence - waterfalls cut solid holes into solid rock by being relentless, similarly Bhagavan Krishna guides Prince Arjuna to be nischaya (determined) and anirvinnachetasa (inspired) in order to work with the mind

-what we learned from the Lakes is beautiful independence - the lakes assimilate the rock flour from the mountains to turn blue, the fallen trees from the forests to turn green and this acceptance is more enchanting than any combination/permutations of cover-up and cover-letters

-what we learned from the the Forests is purposeful connection - the trees, shrubs, flowers are indescribably still, ever listening to each other and when the ground, rain, wind move these beings they softly speak to each other with no frustration, with no force

-what we learned from the Animals is universal freedom - we all know humans should not use humans for their own benefit and being with animals in the wild one comes to know that humans should not use animals for their own benefit either, the homes for animals are the lakes, forests, etc.

Reflection Adventure of the Week (RAW): Immersing one-self in nature, feeling the-Self is natural. Listen to the great Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan bhaja about how our Creator has hidden Himself/Herself through all of creation --- Gorakh Dhanda (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvZrk6mqSY8)

Laughing Adventure of the Week (LAW): My friend thinks he is smart. He told me an onion is the only food that makes you cry, so i threw a coconut at his face.

Satsanga Adventure of the Week (SAW): My mother and father have completed Chinmaya Mission's 30 month Residential Vedanta Course in Sidhabari. They have returned to Canada and have been posted to teach/guide CM Niagara (including our satellite Centres in Kitchener/London). We all know how difficult completing an online academic course is leave alone what they have done. And to express our appreciation of their choices and efforts we will be organizing a Welcome Satsanga on Saturday, October 22 from 06.00p-09.00p in Niagara. All are invited to this special celebration. For those unable to attend physically, we will try to set up a virtual portal for you to connect through. Stay tuned for more details.

And we have 10 young adults about to commence Chinmaya Mission's 24 month Residential Vedanta Course in Trinidad. i have had the fortune of teaching Ambika, Nila, Priya, Ramesh, Shankar, Suman and Vinay on regular basis through various Courses. And Amar, Amol and Mukund on a less regular basis through various Camps. All of them are making self development a priority. And to express our appreciation of their choices and efforts we will be organizing a Farewell Satsanga on Saturday, October 22 from 11.00a-02.00p in Pittsburgh. All are invited to this special celebration. For those unable to attend physically, we will try to set up a virtual portal for you to connect through. Stay tuned for more details.

Finally, many of you noticed there was an error in how i wrote Pujya Gurudev's quote in the last E-Vichara. Below is the corrected quote with the missing word bolded:
"Only if there is hate in the heart does one get tired of people. Do you ever get tired of your arms and legs? Do you ever want them to go away?" ~ Swami Chinmayananda

And Pujya Gurudev's quote for this E-Vichara:
"You can save a lot of pain, unhappiness and failures in life, if you go to the Lord as the first resort, instead of making it the last resort." ~ Swami Chinmayananda

Inspire-Love-Be,

AV
AcharyaVivek

Postby AcharyaVivek » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:02 am

Namah Te dear All,

Master Oogway (MO)
Master Shifu (MS)
Master Po (MP)
The Guru-shishya-parampara of the Kung Fu Panda Trilogy.

We have explored Part 1 on March 24, 2014.
We will explore Part 2 on October 31, 2016 (saving the most insightful sharing for last).
We will explore Part 3 right now...yin, yang, E-Vichara...

Special E-Vichara (September 19, 2016) --- Kung Fu Panda III

-The more you take the less you have (MO to Kai) - Life expressed as energy (chi) is that which enlivens

-Before any physical battle there is a mental battle, with oneself and then others - if we defeat our inner enemies we will not need to defeat our outer enemies for we will have rediscovered Oneness

-There is always something more to learn, even for a Master (MO) - if wisdom instills humility (vidya dadati vinayam) certainly humility instills wisdom

-People only see from their limited view - if one cannot see the whole picture one is not qualified to judge

-Teaching a subjective science can be humiliating for one becomes aware of the separation between what one believes in and what one has faith in - we can only do what we can do

-A Master can see a Master within a disciple - for a disciple to see the same, a disciple must dedicate themselves fully to the Higher enabling a natural sacrifice of the lower

-A Master aspires to strengthen us by transforming us into the best us - honesty in who we are reduces retardants to our growth such as comparisons, jealousies, insecurities, etc.

-MO contemplated in isolation on the question "Who am I?" for thirty years - our scriptures guide us within to find all the answers we need

-What happens is what the Universe needs not what I think - regardless of whether we understand this truth or not, in life we get what we deserve not what we desire

-We do not realize our potential until we revolve around those who are striving to unleash their potential - the deeper we identify with ourselves the greater the powers we manifest

-There is nowhere to run - the only direction is towards our responsibilities

-The ideal way to live is like the Sadguru without being a Sadguru - MP still bows to MS

Stay tuned for the E-Vichara-s on The Lord of the Rings Trilogy coming to your inbox in 2017!

Reflection Adventure of the Week (RAW): Set up a simple bed (sheet, pillow, blanket) on the floor and as you prepare to sleep in this simplicity, fill the mind with thoughts of Mohandas Karmachand Gandhi, our immortal Mahatma.

Laughing Adventure of the Week (LAW): Reaching the end of a job interview, a Human Resources manager asks a young engineer fresh out of college, "And what starting salary are you looking for?" The engineer replies, "In the region of $100,000 a year, depending on the benefits package." The interviewer inquires, "Well, what would you say to a package of five weeks vacation, full medical and dental coverage, and a company car, say a red Corvette?" The engineer sits up straight and says, "Wow! Are you kidding?" The interviewer replies, "Yes, but you started it."

Satsanga Adventure of the Week (SAW): i need your help.

In 2008 i was assigned as the Acharya of Chinmaya Mission Niagara. Since then we have initiated satellite Centres in London and Kitchener. In 2013 i was assigned as the Acharya of Chinmaya Misson Pittsburgh. Since then we have initiated satellite Centres in Cleveland, South Hills and North Hills.

i want you to visualize all our Courses, Classes and Camps as the 'mind' of a Centre. And to support the health of the mind we offer dakshina (regularly). Now i want you to visualize all our Ashram-s as the 'body' of a Centre. And to support the health of the body we offer donations (less regularly). This Autumn our London, Niagara and Pittsburgh Centres are ALL having fundraisers. And as their Acharya i need to help ALL these Centres.

London is facilitating a fundraiser to be able to mature from renting a school for our programs to purchasing our own Ashram. In time my parents, Acharya-s Madhu and Vijay, will live in the city and lead the Centre.

Niagara is facilitating a fundraiser to be able to build a safety fence around our Ashram so that our kids/youth can play on our property without anyone needing to worry. In time, we will establish a play area for kids and a sports court for youth.

Pittsburgh is facilitating a fundraiser to be able to build a Religious Centre on a soon to be acquired ten acre property. In time, we will build a Retreat Centre for the Chinmaya Leadership Foundation.

A couple of weeks from now we will celebrate the completion of 7 years of E-Vichara-s! 7 years of reflecting together!! 7 years of realizing together!!! In Vedantik tradition teachings are given freely. No price can be tagged to the guidance an Acharya offers to seekers to live more purposefully, to kids to try their best, to workers with materials for their classes, offices, etc. Still, filled with gratitude and fulfillment a student seeks to give back.

On June 22, 2009 the 1st E-Vichara was sent to 90 seekers. On October 17, 2016 the 281st E-Vichara will be sent to 4,090 seekers (not including Groups, Forums, etc.). If the subscribers, readers, students of the E-Vichara invest one hour in understanding/appreciating these diverse insights on Life and living, they are engaged in a Course on self-development.

If you feel this Course is worth $0.38 per lesson, please donate $108 to the noble work in London (for our October Hanuman Chalisathon with the aspiration to raise $10,000). If you feel this Course is worth $1.78 per lesson, please donate $501 to the noble work in Niagara (for our November Dipavali Celeration with the aspiration to raise $50,000). If you feel this Course is worth $3.59 per lesson, please donate $1,008 to the noble work in Pittsburgh (for our December Development Banquet with the aspiration to raise $250,000). Between Chinmaya Mission Niagara and Chinmaya Mission Pittsburgh, every week over 1,000 students study how to realize joy, how to radiate joy. Is there a higher service?

Credit Card
CanadaHelps --- Chinmaya Mission Niagara (https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/chinmaya-mission-niagara-canada/)

Check (please make out and mail to the following address)
Chinmaya Mission
5743 Valley Way
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Canada, L2E 1X7

Gratitude to you for supporting the infrastructure (physical) of these Centres. With strong bodies we will be able to focus on encouraging independence (mental) in these Communities.

"When there is devotion in the heart and readiness to work hard, how can success every escape such an individual?" ~ Swami Chinmayananda

Inspire-Love-Be,

AV
AcharyaVivek

Postby AcharyaVivek » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:32 pm

Namah Te from Raleigh!

Yoga is a vision not a business. Rishi Patanjali understood this ancient philosophy and so has been able to share how make this a modern practice.

The only way to slow and stop the dilution of philosophy-practice which we are experiencing individually and institutionally, is knowledge of the truth at the relative level. This training will prepare us for Knowledge of the Truth at the Absolute Level.

We do our part through our E-Vichara...

E-Vichara (October 3, 2016) --- Yoga is Transcending the Thoughts of the Mind - Part 1

-Purpose pulls performance - Rishi Patanjali unambiguously shares the purpose of the Yoga Sutra-s is yogah chitta vritti nirodah (yoga is transcending the thoughts of the mind)

-yama - the mind has been created extrovert hence the need to use abstinence to guide the mind inward - by following ahimsa (non-harming), aparigrah (non-collecting), asteya (non-stealing), brahmacharya (non-indulging) and satya (non-lying) we will quieten the mind

-niyama - the mind has been created extrovert hence the need to use observance to guide the mind inward - by following
Ishvara-pranidhana (devotion), santosha (contentment), saucha (purity), svadhyaya (introspection), tapasa (discipline) we will quieten the mind

-asana - when the body is controlled in postures, mental energy is conserved - just as a rocket needs sufficient escape velocity to be free of the Earth's gravity, we need sufficient energy to change

-pranayama - when the breath is controlled in flows, mental energy is concentrated - we lack interest not concentration and this practice trains us to be interested in more than the material

-The conflict between humans, religions, etc., is because we live at the surface where the only meaning is literal - if we study more and reflect more, we will listen more and think more, we will go deeper than the literal to the intention of a human, a religion, etc.

In our next E-Vichara we will explore how the above means are continued and lead to the ends - samadhi.

Reflection Adventure of the Week (RAW): Bathe (safely) with the lights off. Post bath turn the lights on and post dressing write all you thought about.

A son asks his father, "Dad, are bugs good to eat?"
"That's disgusting! Don't talk about things like that over dinner," the dad replies.
After dinner the father asks, "Now son, what did you want to ask me?"
"Oh nothing," the son says. "There was a bug in your soup, but now it’s gone."

Satsanga Adventure of the Week (SAW):

Celebration - For all those who read the E-Vichara (September 5, 2016) --- The Chinmaya Inspiration Yatra VI, i had shared -
We are having a Farewell Satsanga (on Saturday, October 22 from 11.00a-12.30p [EST] in Pittsburgh) for the 9 young adults who are joining the Residential Vedanta Course in Trinidad. For those who can join us physically, the address is 1100 Freeport Road, Mars (16046). For those who can join us virtually, the address is --- https://youtube.com/chykwest
AND
We are having a Welcome Satsanga (on Saturday, October 22 from 06.00p-07.30p (EST) in Niagara) for my parents who have completed the Residential Vedanta Course in Sidhabari. For those who can join us physically, the address is 5743 Valley Way, Niagara (L2E 1X7). For those who can join us virtually, the address is --- https://zoom.us/j/3862921622

Retreat - Got fear? Well, Face Everything And Rise! Join us in Houston from Jan 13-16 as we learn to grow up from believing skydiving and public-speaking is being courageous to realizing that responsibilities and equanimity is being courageous. Register and spread the word --- https://www.chykwest.com/houstoncamp2017/

Support - i still need more help. We need more infrastructure so we can do more work. In 2008 i was assigned as the Acharya of Chinmaya Mission Niagara. Since then we have initiated satellite Centres in London and Kitchener. In 2013 i was assigned as the Acharya of Chinmaya Misson Pittsburgh. Since then we have initiated satellite Centres in Cleveland, South Hills and North Hills.

i want you to visualize all our Courses, Classes and Camps as the 'mind' of a Centre. And to support the health of the mind we offer dakshina (regularly). Now i want you to visualize all our Ashram-s as the 'body' of a Centre. And to support the health of the body we offer donations (less regularly). This Autumn our London, Niagara and Pittsburgh Centres are ALL having fundraisers. And as their Acharya i need to help ALL these Centres.

London is facilitating a fundraiser to be able to mature from renting a school for our programs to purchasing our own Ashram. In time my parents, Acharya-s Madhu and Vijay, will live in the city and lead the Centre.

Niagara is facilitating a fundraiser to be able to build a safety fence around our Ashram so that our kids/youth can play on our property without anyone needing to worry. In time, we will establish a play area for kids and a sports court for youth.

Pittsburgh is facilitating a fundraiser to be able to build a Religious Centre on a soon to be acquired ten acre property. In time, we will build a Retreat Centre for the Chinmaya Leadership Foundation.

Next week we will celebrate the completion of 7 years of E-Vichara-s! 7 years of reflecting together!! 7 years of realizing together!!! In Vedantik tradition teachings are given freely. No price can be tagged to the guidance an Acharya offers to seekers to live more purposefully, to kids to try their best, to workers with materials for their classes, offices, etc. Still, filled with gratitude and fulfillment a student seeks to give back.

On June 22, 2009 the 1st E-Vichara was sent to 90 seekers. On October 17, 2016 the 281st E-Vichara will be sent to 4,118 seekers (not including Groups, Forums, etc.). If the subscribers, readers, students of the E-Vichara invest one hour in understanding/appreciating these diverse insights on Life and living, they are engaged in a Course on self-development.

If you feel this Course is worth $0.38 per lesson, please donate $108 to the noble work in London (for our October Hanuman Chalisathon with the aspiration to raise $10,000). If you feel this Course is worth $1.78 per lesson, please donate $501 to the noble work in Niagara (for our November Dipavali Celeration with the aspiration to raise $50,000). If you feel this Course is worth $3.59 per lesson, please donate $1,008 to the noble work in Pittsburgh (for our December Development Banquet with the aspiration to raise $250,000). Between our Chinmaya Mission Niagara Centres and our Chinmaya Mission Pittsburgh Centres, every week over 1,000 students study how to realize joy, how to radiate joy. Is there a higher service?

Credit Card
CanadaHelps --- Chinmaya Mission Niagara (https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/chinmaya-mission-niagara-canada/)

Chinmaya Mission
5743 Valley Way
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Canada, L2E 1X7

Gratitude to you for supporting the infrastructure (physical) of these Centres. With strong bodies we will be able to focus on encouraging independence (mental) in these Communities.

"By refusing to crave for objects which we do not have, we shall be conserving a lot of mental energy which alone can give us peace within and a capacity to act rightly in the world." ~ Swami Chinmayananda

Inspire-Love-Be,

AV
AcharyaVivek

Postby AcharyaVivek » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:37 pm

Namah Te dear All,

Yoga is a vision not a business. Rishi Patanjali understood this ancient philosophy and so has been able to share how make this a modern practice.

The only way to slow and stop the dilution of philosophy-practice which we are experiencing individually and institutionally, is knowledge of the truth at the relative level. This training will prepare us for Knowledge of the Truth at the Absolute Level.

We do our part through our E-Vichara...

E-Vichara (October 17, 2016) --- Yoga is Transcending the Thoughts of the Mind - Part 2

-Jina means conqueror, not of man rather of mind - by following the means of yama (abstinence), niyama (observance), asana (controlled postures) and pranayama (controlled breathing) one is preparing for Silence by calming the body / breath

-Pratyahara - after dis-identifying with the food / physiological sheaths, we have to be vigilant to not let our identification be usurped by the mind and forced to the senses - by practicing prati (lessening) + ahara (inputs) an environment is created where the mind is disengaged allowing for identification with the intellect

-Dharana - the body interacts, the breath inputs, the mind interprets and the intellect instructs - the evolution of our efforts is to shift our concentration from the earlier verbs to holding on to the Awareness illumining the verbs

-Dhyana - steady and sincere efforts to call the intellect to Awareness naturally grows to become effortless - establishing one's self as Awareness is the only way to breaking one's self from ignorance

-Samadhi - the ego is ever converting us to become this, to become that - with our identification dha (placed) + sama (fully) in the Self, the noise of the ego is silenced

-Rishi Patanjali unambiguously shares the purpose of the Yoga Sutra-s is yogah chitta vritti nirodah (yoga is transcending the thoughts of the mind) - such Freedom is only possible if we are engaged in yoga full-time...

Reflection Adventure of the Week (RAW): Our Welcome Satsanga for Acharya Madhu and Acharya Vijay was awesome. Many attended physically. Our Farewell Satsanga for Amar, Ambika, Mukunda, Nila, Priya, Ramesh, Shankar, Suman and Vinay was awesome. All who wanted to attend physically were not able to. Through the grace of social media, this Satsanga was recorded. Please listen to inspired words of our seekers and the loving feelings of their families/friends (chanting begins at 09.00m and sharing begins at 39.00m) --- Farewell Satsanga (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb6DZHZIjJM)

Laughing Adventure of the Week (LAW): A fool and a simpleton have a ranch. They have just lost their bull. The men need to buy another but only have $500. The simpleton tells the fool, "I will go to the market and see if I can find one for under that amount. If I can, I will send you a telegram." He goes to the market and finds one for $499. Having only one dollar left, he goes to the telegraph office and finds out that it costs one dollar per word. He is stumped on how to tell the fool to bring the truck and trailer. Finally he tells the telegraph operator to send the word 'comfortable.' Skeptical, the operator asks, "How will he know to come with the trailer from just that word?" The simpleton replies, "He's a fool so he reads slow: 'Come for ta bull.'"

Satsanga Adventure of the Week (SAW): With this sharing we celebrate the completion of 7 years of E-Vichara-s! 7 years of reflecting together!! 7 years of realizing together!!! In Vedantik tradition teachings are given freely. No price can be tagged to the guidance an Acharya offers to seekers to live more purposefully, to kids to try their best, to workers with materials for their classes, offices, etc. Still, filled with gratitude and fulfillment a student seeks to give back.

My last appeal to all of you to donate any amount towards the infrastructure i/we need. Between our Chinmaya Mission Niagara Centres and our Chinmaya Mission Pittsburgh Centres, every week over 1,000 students study how to realize joy, how to radiate joy. Is there a higher service?

CM London's October Hanuman Chalisathon aspiration of raising $10,000 is 82% complete.
CM Niagara's November Dipavali Celebration aspiration of raising $50,000 is 46% complete.
CM Pittsburgh now proudly owns 10 acres of beautiful land. Our dream of establishing a Religious Centre in 2018 is becoming a reality. Our deeper dream of establishing a Retreat Centre in 2023 is naturally becoming a reality too. Our deepest dream of establishing a Residential Gurukula in 2028 will naturally become a reality too. Each of these phases will cost ~ $2,500,000 so any and all help is welcomed!

Credit Card

Chinmaya Mission
5743 Valley Way
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Canada, L2E 1X7

Gratitude to you for supporting the infrastructure (physical) of these Centres. With strong bodies we will be able to focus on encouraging independence (mental) in these Communities and beyond..

"The search for Truth is not a sign of cowardice, laziness or lack of intelligence. On the other hand, it is the mark of bravery, enthusiasm and intelligence." ~ Swami Tapovanam

Inspire-Love-Be,

AV
AcharyaVivek

Postby AcharyaVivek » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:28 am

In Acharya Shankara's Bhaja Govindam we learn that our bodies are made up of matter. In Gosvami Tulsidasa's Ramcharitmanas we learn that Bhagavan Rama's body is made up of light.

If Bhagavan Rama's body is of the nature of light, why does He need our lamps to illuminate His way...

Dipavali is an utsava (festival). A true utsava evokes utsaha (inspiration). Inspiration is identifying with a higher purpose. Purpose facilitates peace.

We light an outer lamp to remind us to light an inner fire. A flame perpetually rises fuelled by oxygen. Our personality should perpetually rise fuelled by inspiration.

When our inspiration evolves to the Infinite, we will burn up our identification with matter, we will rediscover our nature is Light. Bhagavan Rama (Joy) naturally returns to such an Ayodhya (Abode of Peace) with or without lamps.

i pray to Bhagavan and the Guru-shishya-parampara to grace and guide us to THAT inspiration THIS Dipavali.

Inspire-Love-Be,

Acharya Vivek

AcharyaVivek

Postby AcharyaVivek » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:08 am

Namah Te from Trinidad!

We continue and complete our study of the Kung Fu Panda Trilogy...that is until Kung Fu Panda 4 is released in 2018 (?) !

Exploration is a synonym for our E-Vichara...

Special E-Vichara (October 31, 2016) --- Kung Fu Panda II

-The most horrific experience for the equipments is to input/output pride - nothing can make one uglier than the ego

-A unhappy beginning need not condition the middle or end - revenge is an impotent fuel

-We are ever engaged in karma and so believe peace is a piece (material) - we all want to be healthier, richer, smarter yet we do not want to work hard for these blessings

-Every Master finds that the path to Peace is tapa (discipline) - all is possible with Peace

-Knowing the purpose of a circumstance one is challenged, not knowing the purpose of a circumstance one is weakened - a circumstance can evolve to a challenge or devolve to a problem, the choice is ours

-By flowing with the multiverse we expand our identification - to love some is attachment and to love all is detachment

-To push us from being enquirers to inquirers, Acharya Shankara perpetually prods us to ask "Whose are you?" - by understanding and appreciating our Divine origin we begin to express the same

-The more avarana (ignorance) the more vikshepa (projection) - the cup of greed has no bottom

-Being right makes one right - most often we experience fear on account of adharmic (selfish) living

-Happiness is not subject to sama (mediation), dana (exchange), danda (force) or bheda (separation) - Happiness is rediscovered when purity of mind meets clarity of knowledge

-Scars heal - all that matters is what we chose to be now

-Peace transcends context - are you willing to die to find the Truth

Many many many of you have written to me about the depth of the recently released Doctor Strange. Agreed. As soon as this is released from the theatres we will begin our exploration.

Reflection Adventure of the Week (RAW): Find the movie Amal (released in 2007) and quietly watch this by yourself.

Teacher: "If I gave you two cats and another two cats and another two, how many would you have?"

Billy: "Seven."

Teacher: "No. Listen carefully. If I gave you two cats, and another two cats and another two, how many would you have?"

Billy: "Seven."

Teacher: "Let me put it to you differently. If I gave you two apples, and another two apples and another two, how many would you have?"

Billy: "Six."

Teacher: "Good. Now if I gave you two cats, and another two cats and another two, how many would you have?"

Billy: "Seven!"

Teacher: "Billy, where in the heck do you get seven from?!"

Billy: "Because I've already got a freaking cat!"

Satsanga Adventure of the Week (SAW): The Chinmaya Inspiration Yatra VII in Trinidad commences today!

And The Chinmaya Inspiration Yatra VIII in SILENCE commences in 1 month! Last call for any sadhaka courageous enough to explore 10 days of no cars, no computers, no contact...only hours and hours and hours of contemplation. For more details --- SILENCE YATRA (http://chinmayaniagara.org/specialevents.htm)

And gratitude to all the grateful readers of our E-Vichara. Your support has enabled CM London to reach 120% of their fundraising aspiration! And CM Niagara to reach 80% of their fundraising aspiration! i will keep you posted on how our CM Pittsburgh fundraiser goes next month.

"The first step in spiritual life is steadfastness in the performance of your duties. This will lead to neutralizing likes and dislikes." ~ Swami Tejomayananda

Inspire-Love-Be,

AV
AcharyaVivek

Postby AcharyaVivek » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:12 pm

Namah Te from Trinidad!

A favourite question/discussion in Vedantik circles is...fate or free-will? And even after insights are shared, the same doubt comes up again and again and again in minds and mouths.

Perhaps fate brings the question? Perhaps free-will brings the answer? Or the other way around? Perhaps clarity is written in our E-Vichara

E-Vichara (November 14, 2016) --- Only God

-To understand Advaita Vedanta (Inner Knowledge of Oneness) one has to explore shruti (scripture), yukti (logic) and anubhuti (experience) to be able to see the full picture – however logic and experience are human based and so subject to flaw, scripture is Creator based and so subject to flawlessness

-Bhagavad Gita - Prince Arjuna in a moment of revelation shares with Bhagavan Krishna…sthane (all is as all should) - Bhagavan Krishna is the One who instills fear in Prince Arjuna and is the One who systematically distills fear from Prince Arjuna for humanity to universally identify with

-Vishnu Sahasranama – when Prince Yudhishthira asks Acharya Bhisma what the essence of life is, he shares 1,000 names of Bhagavan Vishnu – in Infinity, there is no finitude and certainly no possibility of finite arrogation

-Shri Ramcharitmanas – Goswami Tulsidas unambiguously shares Rama rachi rakha (God's wish happens) throughout ‘his’ thoughts, ‘his’ writing, ‘his’ scripture – lack of understanding of our selves (jiva) and our world (jagat) is not authority to reject the only independent presence, our Lord (Jagadishvara)

-Shrimad Bhagavatam – Shri Prahlad shares with his friends, the highest form of devotion is atmanivedanam (offering the ego) – the only aspect of Creation not attributed to the Creator is the ego and this thief is all the Creator wants so that we may be able to once again experience Peace

-Drg Drshya Viveka – Acharya Shankara shares maya (illusion) is nama (names) / rupa (forms) and that maya (not is) depends on Satta (Is) - God is the original cause (Absolutely Real) and all else are effects (relatively real), from the gods to a blade of grass, including you…

There is no free will. There is no God’s will. There is only God. Start revelling and stop worrying!

Reflection Adventure of the Week (RAW): While in Trinidad i had the immense and unique blessing of teaching Acharya Shankara's Sadhana Panchakam in the Vedanta Course. As i completed writing the above thoughts, the link for the discourses was sent to me! Please listen away, keeping in mind the words shared are in an Ashram, are for mumukshu-s --- Sadhana Panchakam for the Residential Vedanta Course (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ3otvAQoXQ&t=5s&list=PLQCNr6vrZAje1d1YnVYe-GG2jt3jVf3Ld&index=1)

Laughing Adventure of the Week (LAW): What did the green grape say to the purple grape? "Breathe, stupid!"

Satsanga Adventure of the Week (SAW): Every month next year i am going to be part of a Young Adult Retreat and/or a Youth Camp:
January --- Young Adult Retreat in Houston (Jan 13-16) with Acharya Gaurang / Acharya Aditi / more Acharyas
February --- Young Adult Retreat in San Jose (Feb 17-20)
March --- Spiritual Parenting Retreat in Chicago (Mar 17-19) with Acharya Vilasini / Swami Sharanananda / more Acharyas
April --- Understanding Marriage Retreat in Portland (Apr 14-16) with Acharya Vilasini
May --- Young Adult Retreat in Los Angeles (May 26-29) with Swami Ishwarananda
June --- Young Adult Yatra in Jamaica (Jun 25-Jul 1) with Swami Prakashananda / more Acharyas
July --- Young Adult Retreat in Washington (Jul 21-23) with Swami Swaroopananda / Swami Dheerananda / more Acharyas & Youth Camp in Washington (Jul 24-28) with Swami Swaroopananda / Swami Dheerananda / more Acharyas
August --- Youth Seva Training in Pittsburgh / Youth Camp in Boston with Acharya Shashi
September --- Young Adult Retreat in Pittsburgh
October --- Divya Shakti Retreat in Atlanta with Acharya Vilasini / Acharya Geetha / Acharya Raghu
November --- Young Family Yatra in Trinidad with Swami Prakashananda / more Acharyas
December --- Young Family Yatra in Bharat including being with Pujya Swami Tejomayananda / more Acharyas
In the next E-Vichara i will share more details on themes, registration, etc. for the above opportunities to learn.

"The Lord is the sole Giver. Let Him give us the ability, tact and wisdom to run His program for His own glory." ~ Swami Chinmayananda

Inspire-Love-Be,

AV
AcharyaVivek

Postby AcharyaVivek » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:40 am

Namah Te from hour 68 of The Chinmaya Inspiration Yatra VIII!

Our yatri-s were instructed not to bring any:
-reading materials
-writing materials
-ritual materials
-electronics
-valuables
-food

Our yatri-s were instructed to prepare for:
-40 hours of complete stillness
-200 hours of complete silence

One of our most demanding yatra-s thus far. One of our most transformative yatra-s thus far. i am proud of our 19 courageous yatri-s.

Demanding and transformative, sounds like a journey. Hey, how about we write about the evolution of Prince Siddhartha to Gautama Buddha through our E-Vichara...

E-Vichara (November 28, 2016) --- From Baddha to Buddhva

-Prince Siddhartha was restrained from leaving home by the 'pleasure palace' inhabited by only young people who were ever engaged in song and dance - when our purpose for living is pleasure, possession, position we have no energy, no time and no inclination to inquire into Peace

-Prince Siddhartha was not satisfied with his environment and escaped the 'pleasure palace' to observe what living truly is - articles, beings and circumstances are only distractions if we are distracted by them

-Prince Siddhartha upon leaving the 'pleasure palace' for the first time saw an old man - all that is created will change hence depending on the changing for completion is immature

-Prince Siddhartha upon leaving the 'pleasure palace' for the second time saw a sick man - those who use their body-mind for apakara (selfishly) become sick of their own body-mind and those who use their body-mind for upakara (selflessly) become appreciative of their own body-mind

-Prince Siddhartha upon leaving the 'pleasure palace' for the third time saw a dead man - built into a birth-day is a death-day and not being aware of the latter is a reminder that each breath should flow in the direction of moksha (the end of desires before the end of breaths)

-Prince Siddhartha upon leaving the 'pleasure palace' for the fourth time saw an independent man - only Peace can create Peace, only the Content transcend context

i am humbled, i am grateful, i am JOYOUS for the grace that has empowered me to explore 4 countries through 8 yatra-s over 120 days with 212 yatri-s during the past 5 years. Truly an outward expression of an inward journey...

Reflection Adventure of the Week (RAW): i regularly observe how casually we use serious words like love, faith, discipline, etc. And empathy...please watch the following short film to help us understand the power of empathy --- Easing Pain (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Evwgu369Jw)

Laughing Adventure of the Week (LAW): A conscience is that part of you which hurts when all other parts of you feel so good!

Satsanga Adventure of the Week (SAW): In the previous E-Vichara i shared, every month next year i am going to be part of a Young Adult Retreat and/or a Youth Camp. Filling in more details:

Face Everything And Rise --- Young Adult Retreat in Houston (Jan 13-16) --- Facing Fear (https://www.chykwest.com/houstoncamp2017/)

Lift Yourself By Yourself --- Young Adult Retreat in San Jose (Feb 17-20) --- Self Empowerment (https://www.facebook.com/events/1116813611705420/)

Harmonious Parenting --- Spiritual Parenting Retreat (21+) in Chicago (Mar 10-12) --- Determined Parenting (https://www.mychinmaya.org/index.php)

Do you understand marriage? Does the person next to you understand marriage? Is this alright? Please pause to reflect on the amount of inner and outer damage taking place in the hearts of endless individuals, endless families, endless communities, endless societies by a lack of understanding of this enlightening training in Love.

What are we supposed to do? Join us for a unique weekend retreat filled with discourses, discussions and dialogues with experienced guides (Acharya Vilasiniji and myself) and sincere friends (you) on developing a Vedantic vision to marriage.

Our gracious hosts will be Chinmaya Mission Portland. And so for Christmas, Valentine's, etc., instead of giving cards or flowers or dinners, give development. For oneself, register. For others, spread the word. The Joy of Purpose --- Understanding Marriage Retreat (21+) in Portland (Apr 14-16) --- Understanding Marriage (https://www.cmportland.com/umretreat/)

Finally, i had shared i would update you on CM Pittsburgh's fundraiser. We reached 125% of our aspiration! Only $1,000,000 more to be raised!!!

"When the supreme physician, the most merciful and all-loving Lord, exposes you and me to certain calamitous situations or sad circumstances, do you think that He gives us that sorrow deliberately for His own pleasure? Those who have faith in Him, will only say, "O Lord, I know that you are doing it for my own good, but along with the pain, please give me the strength to bear the pain." ~ Swami Chinmayananda

Inspire-Love-Be,

AV
AcharyaVivek

Postby AcharyaVivek » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:12 am

Namah Te from hour 148 of The Chinmaya Inspiration Yatra VIII!

We have practiced continuously keeping the body-breath calm for almost a week.
We have practiced continuously keeping the mind-intellect quiet for almost a week.

In such tapa (burning), the ego becomes still and one is able to listen to Silence. i share with all of you some of the whispers Silence has shared with me through our E-Vichara...

E-Vichara (December 12, 2016) --- Renouncing Renunciation

-Vedanta is a vision not a lifestyle (one studies in a Vedanta Course one does not study in a Brahmachari Course) - the scriptures the renunciates of Sanatana Dharma study and share the most are Ramayana and Mahabharata (Bhagavad Gita), both involving Divine students learning from a married couple (Rishi Vashishta-Arundhati and Rishi Sandeepany-patni) and proceeding to be married

-Bhagavan Krishna created a colour system (varna) based on a personality's attitude not action - in our intellectual inertia we directly and indirectly interpret this message as caste system, basing a personality on their name-form which means if you change your name-form apparently you can change your personality

-Prince Arjuna scripturally, logically and practically explained to Bhagavan Krishna why they should leave their 'stage' and Bhagavan Krishna responded to Prince Arjuna's justification by not responding - Bhagavan Krishna's silence teaches the strong do not leave their 'stage', they stay to learn from their 'stage', empowering them to be free in any 'stage'

-Articles, beings and circumstances are only distractions if we allow them to be - our distraction is correlated to our dependence, the greater the dependency the greater the capacity to distract

-Ordinary renunciation is giving up dependents, extraordinary renunciation is giving up dependencies - in higher meditation even the idea of renouncing is renounced

-Understanding and appreciating renunciation to be internal why do we externalize this truth - understanding and appreciating Knowledge (jnana) as 'Being' why do we externalize this truth with a ritual (karma) of 'becoming' a renunciate

Deep meditators grow from sight to vision, feeling Existence-Awareness as All, feeling All as Existence-Awareness, feeling there is no possibility leave alone need to renounce...

Reflection Adventure of the Week (RAW): Too many seekers i meet put learning and practicing in a 'box' limited by space, time, matter, limited by age, gender, language, etc. Limited sadhana (discipline) only leads to limited sadhya (joy). Grace is the thought to change. And every moment grace is available to us! Please watch the following videos that show us how to feel grace!! --- INSPIRATION!!! (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8C-cCqoM2x_SBUYwM8WPu18PxxP7a2tU)

Laughing Adventure of the Week (LAW): If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.

Satsanga Adventure of the Week (SAW): This month has been filled with completion. We completed our Advanced Vedanta Course. We have completed half of our Moha Mudgara Course. We have completed half of Balakanda in our Vedanta in Ramayana Course. And we completed our Autumn text in our Mananam Reading Course. Want to study with us? Check out the Vichara Gurukula poster in the past E-Vichara.

"Never divorce life from Him. In fact, He alone is that which becomes the world and its play." ~ Swami Chinmayananda

Inspire-Love-Be,

AV
Last edited by AcharyaVivek on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AcharyaVivek

Postby AcharyaVivek » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:57 am

Namah Te from Newark!

na karmana na prajaya dhanena tyagena eke amrtatvam anashuhu...

Literal meaning: By renunciation alone one gains Freedom, not by action, family, wealth...
Implied meaning: By renunciation of identification with action, family, wealth, alone one gains Freedom...

For followers of ritualistic living (karma kanda), the literal meaning is the highest.
For followers of visionary living (jnana kanda), the implied meaning is the highest.

We study Vedanta, a vision not a prescribed lifestyle. We study renunciation of identification through our E-Vichara...

E-Vichara (December 26, 2016) --- Pancha Kosha Viveka

-The body interacts, the body is not I - the body is just a means to engage with articles, beings, circumstances and giving more importance to the means than is due is indiscriminate living (aviveka)

-The breath inputs, the breath is not I - that which can be controlled is 'my' not 'me' thus we consciously / unconsciously feel 'my-breath' not 'me-breath'

-The mind interprets, the mind is not I - the nature of the mind is confusion (samshaya atmika), the mind misinterprets inputs from the senses and again misinterprets instructions from the intellect

-The intellect instructs, the intellect is not I - the nature of the intellect is clarity (nischaya atmika), this gift from God is our guide to transcend the ego

-The ego identifies, the ego is not I - the nature of the ego is separation from the higher and connection to the lower, forever drowning us in experiences (i.e. perceptions, thoughts, etc.) through the equipments

-The Spirit is Illumination, the Spirit is I - I is an expression of our Nature (Existence-Awareness-Joy), a noun beyond any and all verbs

Reflection Adventure of the Week (RAW): Memorize every word of the above teachings and then contemplate on the same.

Laughing Adventure of the Week (LAW): How many snowboarders does it take to screw in a lightbulb? 50. 3 to die trying, 1 to actually pull it off and 46 to say, "Hey man, I could do that!"

Satsanga Adventure of the Week (SAW): We stand as one family bound to each other with love and respect. This opening message from the Chinmaya Mission Pledge is beautifully expressed as CM Niagara (Kitchener / London / Niagara) and CM Toronto join together to bring together individuals/families/Acharyas from all around for our annual Retreat. This year our Retreat will be from Friday, March 17 - Sunday, March 19 in scenic Grand Bend (Ontario) and will be dedicated to a new school building for CM Trinidad. Stay tuned for more details.

As we complete 2016 and commence 2017, i pray to Bhagavan and the Guru-shishya-parampara that every reader and non-reader of the E-Vichara rediscovers once and for all they are not the illuminator, they are ILLUMINATION!

Signing off for the year...

"To a Vedantin, the real Guru is the pure intellect within. The purified, deeply aspiring mind is the disciple." ~ Swami Chinmayananda

Inspire-Love-Be,

AV
Last edited by AcharyaVivek on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AcharyaVivek

Postby AcharyaVivek » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:00 pm

Namah Te from Houston!

anudvega-karam vakyam satyam priya-hitam cha yat
svadhyayabhyasanam chaiva vanmayam tapa uchyate

Shrimad Bhagavad Gita - Adhyayah 17 - Shloka 15

Speech which is calming, truthful, sweet, beneficial,
studies and practices self-development alone is disciplined speech.

The Celestial Song - Chapter 17 - Verse 15

This week, 150 seekers and i began a 20 month course designed by Pujya Swami Tejomayananda on Bhagavad Gita. As we explore these sacred words, i share words to prepare us for words with our E-Vichara...

E-Vichara (January 9, 2017) --- Learning How to Speak

-calmly - by keeping the volume of our voice quiet we encourage the 'volume' of our mind to be quiet - calming words encourage conversation rather than conflict

-truthfully - considering we cannot verify all the facts of what we hear and read, we should only share facts we believe - if we are unsure of facts we should exercise silence, failing to do so we are more or less lying

-sweetly - when engaging a subjective science, more important than what is said is who is saying - whether a message is happy or harsh by using clean, positive, supportive words absorption will be deeper

-beneficially - every day every one is becoming busier so who has the time to waste with being useless - becoming more effective is learning to say no to speaking gossip, learning to say no to hearing gossip

-meaningfully - every day every one moves closer to death so has the time to waste with talking about pleasure, possession, position - becoming more enlightened is learning to say no to speaking or hearing any subject that does not revolve around Peace

-measuredly - another Scripture adds our speech should be measured for the more we open our mouth the more mistakes we can make - working to say more by saying less pushes the speaker and listener (reader!) to think...

Reflection Adventure of the Week (RAW):
Aspiring to encourage more truthfulness we recorded --- Guided Meditation (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PWqfrpLfxk)
Aspiring to encourage more sweetness we recorded --- Guided Imagery (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKBBBYn6OMo)
And now to encourage more calmness we recorded --- Guided Reflection (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaq6aZt0QY0)
These recordings are 30m, 12.5m and 15m respectively making them ideal resources for individuals, families and Centres to use to encourage more quietude. So listen and be quiet!

Laughing Adventure of the Week (LAW): Age is a very high price to pay for maturity!

Satsanga Adventure of the Week (SAW): Today is my 9th birthday! On January 13, 2008 i began trying to work for our society rather than for my self. i realized then that one's real birth is when one grows out of getting by taking in the first breath of giving. The past 9 years have been a divine dream in what i have been able to study, how i have been able to serve, etc. If you could indulge me in listening to my birthday speech, i quote the great, late Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan: Is karam ka karun shukar kaise ada (simple translation - God how can I thank you for your grace). On a daily basis i am overwhelmed by the endless offering of resources, time and effort by endless seekers. HOW can i thank all of you for YOUR grace...

By asking you for more of course hahaha! A group of dedicated seekers has come together to conceive and implement the idea of nominating me to be a potential TED (International) Speaker. This involves all of you to read/complete the letter/form you can procure by emailing vicharagurukula@googlegroups.com. Imagine what a contribution we would be offering our society by encouraging one of our own to share the vision of Vedanta-Sanatana Dharma on an international stage? This can become a reality with your nomination. And to encourage your family, friends, supporters, for their nominations consider using this general email -

Hari Om dear All,

We hope this message finds you independently joyous!

Through the years many speakers on the TED stage have shared their visions of philosophy and religion based on their scriptural backgrounds. While spirituality based talks fall into the most commonly viewed categories, finding talks based on Sanatana Dharma is little to none. Every sincere student of Vedanta knows this subjective science can benefit humanity eternally and endlessly. To nominate a speaker for TED who could effectively summarize the key messages of Sanatana Dharma would be an extraordinary offering from us! We too would be engaged in the preservation and promotion of the teachings and work of our Guru-shishya-parampara in a valuable way.

Time and again we are benefited and graced by Acharya Vivekji’s moving discourses and thorough insight into our scriptures. We thought it would be ‘RAD’ if we could rally together to have Vivekji speak at a TED conference..

[color=#0000FF]Attached is a letter explaining the TED Nomination process in detail. Please use this as guidance to complete your nomination (including submitting your contact information on the Google Form to keep the organizing team informed).

Do let us know if more clarification is needed. And please complete your nomination and encourage others to do the same by Friday, February 24. We hope that by Mahashivaratri we will have gathered enough support to carry our beloved Acharya Vivekji to the TED stage...

Without you this would not be possible.

With Prem and Om,
TED Team for Acharya Vivek [/color]

i am not smart enough to conceive of leave alone implement such work. Gratitude to the Team, gratitude to the Nominators.

"Silence is the Reality, not the sound that comes over it." ~ Swami Chinmayananda

Inspire-Love-Be,

AV
AcharyaVivek

Previous

Return to Mananam with an acharya