Mananam on a quote of Pujya Gurudev

Interpretation of Pujya Gurudev quotation by acharyas and devotees.

Re: Mananam on a quote of Pujya Gurudev

Postby meera » Wed May 11, 2011 7:32 am

Hari Om Vartak-ji.

Very very contemporary and valuable observation!

What I also feel is, (going with your example of checking out world news in the middle of work), this creates for a new vasana of being distracted, or actually it strengthens and deepens an existing vasana to seek distraction while working. Thus we train the mind to 'take' rewards from here and there for even a little bit of work it does. Countering this would be to plan the 'reward' by use of a time schedule which helps discipline the mind...if not, the mind gets habituated (vasana-driven) to a supermarket culture of unbridled 'self help' and freely too!

Hari Om!
meera

Postby uma » Thu May 12, 2011 11:48 am

Hari Om. Pranam to all.

Every living creature is bound to feel some emotions, especially we as human beings experience different sentiments, that is natural. But to get swayed by those sentiments and lose all rational thinking and behaviour is not good. Experience the emotion, come out of it, use the rational intelligence and decide the course of action. Maybe in this process, one may get criticized by others, maybe accused of having no heart, of being cruel, feelingless etc, but if one has strong faith in Self, one can be bold enough to continue. Of course, whilst behaving like this, the behaviour should arise naturally and should not be prompted by baser motives of greed, anger etc.

Regards

uma
uma

Postby murugans61 » Fri May 13, 2011 1:31 pm

Hari OM

Do not live in sentiments. Live in true intelligence. Do not yield to unhealthy attachments, low thoughts, vulgar motives. Be bold in your faith in Him, Be bold !, Be bold !. …..

What a wonderful quote from Pujya Gurudev for practicing in our day to day living.

Unhealthy attachments, sentiments, low thoughts, strong likes/dislikes etc keep me a seeker of happiness and thus deny the HAPPINESS that is my REAL NATURE.

Our normal experience is that we get upset with a situation when our attachments are strong. If I have a strong attitude about salt in my food, then every meal can become a problem.

When attachments, low thoughts, strong binding likes/dislikes do not have an effect on us and when we are able to accept things as they are, they are like the snake whose fangs have been removed. They make us human without having any hold on us.

So all that is required is to incapacitate them from causing any disturbance in the mind through the Karma/Bakthi and Jnana yoga sadhanas. Then we are with our SELF because the mind does not project. The mind is quiet, in equipoise, in Samatvam. We live in true intelligence, in total Surrender unto HIM.

Lord Krishna describes such an intelligent man as the one who is happy by himself because of himself. He is happy for no reason just as fire is hot for no reason.

Pranams to Pujya Gurudev.

murugan
murugans61

Postby sganesh0112 » Tue May 08, 2012 9:28 am

Hari Om! Pranams to co-sadhakas!

On this auspicious occasion of Pujya Gurudev's Birthday, let us all rededicate ourselves on this "Seva Day" to the Service of Humanity and do our bit in spreading the message of our Pujya Gurudev in our own way and in our surrounding areas, and this shall be our humble contribution to Him.

Also let us all plan to be available to serve during the ensuing CCC (Chinmaya Centenary Celebrations) in 2015. By Pujya Gurudev's and Pujya Guruji's Blessings, I shall be there and hope to see you all also there.

Once again best wishes to all my co-sadhakas on Pujya Gurudev's Birthday.

In the Service of the Lord,

Ganesh
sganesh0112

Return to Pujya Gurudev Jayanthi Week