Bhagavad Gita Course - Student's Forum

Discussion Board for registered CIF Bhagavad Gita Course students; seek interpretation of concepts, clarify concepts and hold discussions with fellow students from the world over. May be periodically moderated by an Acharya.

Re: Bhagavad Gita Course - Student's Forum

Postby uma » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:30 pm

Hari Om. Pranam to all.

I am Uma Patki, based in Mumbai.

I have enrolled for Bhagvad Gita course. I am onto Lesson No 6 currently. I also participate in Gita forum and we are all currently discussing Adhyaya No 3 Karma yoga.

I have studied Foundation and Advanced Vedanta Course and also the Basic Sanskrit Course of the mission. Looking forward to enthusiastic and enlightening discussions here.

Regards

uma
uma

Postby janar65 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:11 pm

Hari OM Muruganji

My name is Janardhan. We live in Sydney.
I enrolled myself in e Geetha in mid August.
I have submitted for corrections so far 11 lessons.
I have been marked for 6 lessons.
In spite of the time difference, I shall try my best to participate in discussions.
Janardhan
janar65

New Student

Postby sriramv » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:26 pm

Hariom:

With the rememberance of the lord:

My name is Sriram and am in Lesson 3, Part 1, Sankhya Yoga.

This forum is a very novel idea and will definitely be of great use to get our confusions resolved

Hariom
sriramv

New Student

Postby sriramv » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:38 pm

Hariom

with the rememberance of the lord.

My name is Sriram and main Lesson 3, Part 1.

I am sure this forum is going to help all of us in understanding ourselves.

Hariom
sriramv

Postby murugans61 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:44 am

Hari OM and Pranams to all

It is quite nice to see participation from many of our fellow students of the Bhagavad Gita course. I am currently in Chapter 6 and look forward to discuss and strengthen my learning from this online discussion/satsang platform.

Let us effectively use this forum to share our understanding of key concepts, raise doubts for clarifications and post our reflections. This forum is meant to augment our learning.

Kindly visit the facebook page of Bhagavad Gita course and put in your feedback about the learning and experiences about the course at www.facebook.com/bhagavadgitacourse

pranams
murugan
murugans61

Postby janar65 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:53 am

Hari Om Muruganji

I am not very computer literate.
I had given my view to Tanujaji . I do not know whether she got my view.
What is the step by step procedure to make use of this facility once I log in ?
janardhan
janar65

Postby murugans61 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:01 am

Hari OM Janardhanji. Thank you for your query. It is very simple to use this forum.

At the end of the post, you will find two buttons - one is "pm". By clicking this you will be able to send Private Message only to the person under whose post you are clicking the pm.
The other one is " Reply" button. When you click this, you will be taken to a box in the next page, in which you can make your post and submit it. This will appear in the forum after the review by the forum moderator. Intially, it may take one day for your post to appear. After making few posts, the moderator will give you quick access and your posts will appear as soon as you submit them.

Hope I have clarified your query. If you have any further questions, please feel free to post your doubts.

We have received some feedback from those who particpated on how they want to utilize this forum. Based on all the feedback received, we will actively start discussing our key learnings from the course in a couple of days.

pranams to you
murugan
murugans61

Postby janar65 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:10 am

Hari OM Muruganji
Thanks
I could see "reply" but not "pm"
Did tanujaji get my reply for her query? How would I know ?!
Janardhan
janar65

Postby murugans61 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:02 am

Hari OM

I propose that we take up some of the key concepts that we are learning in this course and put it for discussion by all, so that we can learn from each other and enhance our knowledge.

In Lesson 4, the concept of "Desire management" is very nicely explained. As this is one of the key issues which impacts of our day to day living, let us discuss about " Desire Management" based on our learning and understanding.

To start with, let us explain our understanding of Desire and its management. We can also raise questions that we have in our mind related to desire management so that at the end of this discussion round, our common understanding of this topic will get strengthened.

pranams
murugan
murugans61

Postby murugans61 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:13 am

Hari OM

My understanding of Desire Managements are as follows:

1) Our desires should be Legitimate, Dharmic

2) The intensity of our desire is to be within our manageable limits.

3) Even if the desire is not fulfilled, it should not affect us. We should be prepared for its fulfillment or non fulfillment.

4) We need to desire for the higher things in life as we move along - Security, Pleasure, Righteousness, Freedom.

5) Suppresion of desires does not help. Sublimation is recommended.

Look forward to your views and additions on this topic.
pranams
murugan
murugans61

Postby murugans61 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:35 am

Hari OM

On this auspicious Gita Jayanthi Day, our prostrations to Lord Krishna, Pujya Gurudev and Pujya Guruji to seek their blessings and knowledge of Bhagavad Gita.

pranams
murugan
murugans61

Postby sganesh0112 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:38 pm

Hari Om!

Desire management is one of the most difficult things for the mundane person. In order to come out of the desire, we should first understand the complexity of the geometry of the craving. As we all know, that we are all bound by the Karma chakra, which is the main reason for the development of the Vasaanas and the desires that arise are based on how deep our impressions due to Vasaanas are embedded in our Jeevatma. Once we are under the grip of Vasaanas, we can only reduce its effect by Purushartha i.e. Karma Yoga. I fully agree with the points raised by Sri Muruganji that desires shall be legitimate, dharmic etc as nicely categorised. However, we should also know as students of Gita, that if we do our duty in the true state of surrender to the Almighty, the further generation of the Vaasanas is stopped, thereby, the desires also come down and as time passes we can also reach the Paramatma.

Ganesh
sganesh0112

Postby sganesh0112 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:46 pm

Hari Om!

On this auspicious occasion of Gita Jayanti, let us all pray to Lord Krishna, Swami Tapovanji Maharaj, Poojya Gurudev, Poojya Guruji, and the beautiful platform of the on line Gita discussion forum for helping us to understand the Gita better, become that much more aware of the relevance of its teachings in the current day world, and put in the desired effort to learn to live the Gita way of life. As Poojya Guruji, has affectionately blessed us by giving us all the four path way of CHANT, LEARN, STUDY AND LIVE, the Gita way of life. Let us all rededicate ourselves to Poojya Gurudev's and Poojya Guruji's vision for a better future by following the Gita of life.

Pranams

Ganesh
sganesh0112

Postby murugans61 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:37 pm

Hari OM

CIF is organzing a quiz for one week on reflective questions on the Bhagavad Gita on the facebook page of Gita www.facebook.com/bhagavadgitacourse .And today there is a mega quiz going on too.
May I request you all students of the Bhagavad Gita course to join the facebook page and participate.

Thank you.
murugan
murugans61

Postby murugans61 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:19 pm

Hari OM
Pranams to all

There is a Daily Dose of Gita - reflective questions from 4th till the 11th of this month. Kindly participage by visitng the Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/BhagavadGitaCourse

Kindly inform your friends and contacts about the Discount on the Gita Course available till the 11th and encourage them to join the course.

Pranams
murugan
murugans61

Postby murugans61 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:12 pm

Hari OM

CIF is organizing a Maha Gita Quiz on the Bhagavad Gita Facebook page.
The quiz is open till tomo morning 10 am India time.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/bhagavad-gita-course/maha-gita-quiz-on-december-11-2011/270990519616541
You are requested to participate in this quiz program

regards
murugan
murugans61

Postby sganesh0112 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:02 am

Hari Om! Pranams to all

One of the most best ways to reduce our desires is to keep our mind completely occupied with thoughts of the Higher rather than the mundane.

We can also control desires by detached attachment. i.e. whenever we go ahead with doing a job, we should do it with the karma yoga spirit.

Let us keep our mind and body occupied in doing selfless work. I know that all this is not so practical. Some of the practical means could be --

1) Always maintain a strict time table of work like- walking and doing mild exercises during walks, listening to the lectures of various Mahaans, while at office concentrate on our work, and during free time read good books (books could be literature, spiritual, philosophy, or just simple solve crosswords/sudokus and try to give no free time for your mind to think about anything related to the senses/ or objects outside that seem to create in you a desire)
2) Try to help our spouse/ children in their day to day mundane work.
3) Meditate daily for atleast 20 minutes.
4) Keep ourselves occupied throughout the day in some fruitful activity that does not cause in us a feeling that we are Doing some work.

Regards,

Ganesh
sganesh0112

Postby murugans61 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:32 pm

Hari OM Ganeshji
Thank you for your very nice practical tips, especially highlighting the importance of daily study,mediatation and role of our family members.

pranams
murugan
murugans61

Next

Return to Bhagavad Gita Course