Bhagavad Gita Course - Student's Forum

Discussion Board for registered CIF Bhagavad Gita Course students; seek interpretation of concepts, clarify concepts and hold discussions with fellow students from the world over. May be periodically moderated by an Acharya.

Re: Bhagavad Gita Course - Student's Forum

Postby murugans61 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:32 pm

Hari OM Ganeshji
Thank you for your very nice practical tips, especially highlighting the importance of daily study,mediatation and role of our family members.

pranams
murugan
murugans61

Postby murugans61 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:11 pm

Hari OM

We should not brood over our likes and dislikes as it strengthens them. Instead we should try to understand their real nature and manage them. We need to be alert at our mental level. Whenever strong desire attacks us, we should be able to witness them and move ahead of them. Suppression is not recommended but sublimation through spiritual practices is recommended. Once we understand our real nature as true Ananda, the worldly desires will not attack us much.

pranams
murugans61

Postby uma » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:53 pm

Hari Om. Pranam.

Dhanyavaad Ganeshaji for initiating the discussion and narrating nice practical tips.

Do not have much to add as Ganeshaji and Muruganji have given all the points. Still would try to summarize.

*Have a daily fixed routine and try to follow it as much as possible
*Have a schedule for spiritual sadhana – meditation, satsang, reading scriptures, reciting stotras and try to follow it as much as possible
*Try to think positively and try to be satisfied with what one has got
*Gently yet firmly and most importantly, patiently steer the mind away from the negative thoughts and root the thoughts firmly towards Self
*Try to contemplate and analyse the thoughts in your mind, try to analyse the whole day’s events at night time and where one can improve the behaviour
*Also plan next day’s schedule at night time
*Try and participate in discussions on spiritual subjects, understand others’ viewpoints and opinions and analyse your own
*Meditate daily ( long term commitment and not a few days trial)
*Be good because you value being good and not for the sake of rewards or praise from others

Regards

uma
uma

Postby murugans61 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:26 pm

Hari OM
Please find the link to the Bhagavad Gita Course page on facebook. CIF is running a "Daily Dose of Gita" this week and the students on the forum can join in the same.

http://www.facebook.com/BhagavadGitaCourse
murugans61

Postby sganesh0112 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:33 am

Hari Om and pranams to all!

After we have discussed about the desires, I think it would be appropriate for us to talk about the duties. Because, duties if performed without any selfish desire, will definitely lead us thro' the path of action to the ultimate. In day to day life, everywhere, we have to act but we also have to do our duty by acting with the right attitude. This student forum can be more aptly used for the combined-study of the Gita, as I have always felt that combined study does help you to know more about the topic with more divergent views coming from the group and can finally be summarised. Once, summarised, we can then start our Swadhyaya - Self study for our individual's enlightenment.

Regards,

S Ganesh
sganesh0112

Postby murugans61 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:09 pm

Hari OM Ganeshji

Your suggestion is very valuable. Thank you for brining up the next concept for our discussion - i.e duty.

As you rightly mentioned duties performed with right attitude, play an important role in our life. Without selfish binding desires, when duties are performed, it purifies our mind and make it worthy of assimilating the self knowledge. It qualifies the mind to be fit enough to get liberated through knowledge.

pranams
murugans61

Postby uma » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:53 am

Hari Om. Pranam to all.

Very nice discussion point Ganeshaji.

Tanujaji, excellent point. Try and perform all the duties, as if one is worshipping the Lord, then the attitude will become right automatically.

Here, I remember one stotra, Shivamanaspooja. In its last stanza, it is stated that whatever actions are done, are done for Shiva's worship only. e g whatever words I utter, are like stotras, whenever I walk, it is pradakshina to the Lord etc..

Tanujaji has stated an excellent way of improving the attitude. Are there any other ways?
uma

Postby sganesh0112 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:02 pm

Hari Om! Pranams!

After a brief discussion on duties, I feel the next point to be taken up for discussions shall be on the attitudes with which the duties are performed and the pancha maha yajnas, though all of us have in a way touched upon this attitude aspect while describing the duties and how they should be performed.

Let us take up the yajna aspect one by one -

Bhuta yajna and Deva Yajna - Let us show our gratitude to our fellow beings - human, animal, plants who have through the decades helped us to overcome the vagaries of nature. Let us look at it in our own point of view - We are all indebted to the nature and ecological balances thus far which have helped sustain life in our unique planet. It becomes our duty also to ensure that we take care of the surroundings and ensure that we do it as a selfless service so that earth becomes a better place to be in for our children.

Pitr and Nr Yajna - Our parents, grand parents and our ancestors have given this genetic pool, which has an unique feature that practically no two individuals can be alike. Is this not what we call as 'Unity in Diversity'. But inspite of being different individuals we have our own likes and dislikes, our surroundings in the family and the society which in turn give us our comforts for us to take up our Sadhana undisturbed. It is our responsibility that we respect our ancestors and the society in which we are and ensure that the ancient traditions and the sweetness of culture are maintained and not lost due to our own limitations and ineptitudes.

Rsi Yajna - Rsis or our learned sages have encompassed the vast storehouse of knowledge from the Beginning of the Beginnings and it becomes our responsibility to ensure that we respect them as they are our teachers and learn from them the science of the human mind and how it reacts to a situation and how we can overcome all the trepeditions and lead to a better and happier tommorrow. When the modern scientist is busy studying the ways and means to increase our 'standard of living', the learned rsis have experimented with human mind and through their own experiences have contributed to increase our 'standard of life'. We are indebted to these Yogis who have given their lives for our better future. We should definitely take it upon us as am uncompromising duty to work in the true spirit of yajna or selfless service to improve our own life and the lives of the ones around us.

I have tried bunch the five mahayajnas in three categories to enable us to understand them better in day to day life.

Pranams,

S Ganesh
sganesh0112

Postby murugans61 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:44 pm

Hari Om

Akshaya Tritiya is a day of auspicious beginnings. CIF brings to you a special offer for this special day.

On the 24th of April, Akshaya Tritiya Day, avail a discount on the Bhagavad Gita Online Course.

Register Now... with the Promo Code from our Bhagavad Gita Facebook Page!!

Offer opens on the 24th of April, 2012 and will be available on this day only.

Please share with your friends and family and spread the message of the Divine Song.

Also one of the best gifts to be given to your near and dear ones...!!

Dont Miss....

CIF
murugans61

Postby kannarayan » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:52 pm

Hariom

My name is Narayan. I have been privileged today to learn about this student forum. I have been on this course for a few months now. Currently I am doing lesson 16.
Surely I will follow up other discussions and educate myself.

thanks
Narayan
kannarayan

Previous

Return to Bhagavad Gita Course