Week 10 Queries

This forum is for queries and related discussions with respect to the Sanskrit Webinar Class conducted by Dr Varun.

Week 10 Queries

Postby VarunKhanna » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:16 am

Dear All,

Hari Om!

So, we are halfway done (tentatively)! Please post all questions related to the class from Week 10 under this discussion thread.

In case you missed the lecture, please see it here: https://youtu.be/5KVHsEVaICk

All the best!

Varun
VarunKhanna

Re: Week 10 Queries

Postby jayarams » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:00 pm

Hello Dr. Varunji..... seriously couldn't believe that we have almost reached the half way mark... Sundays are all starting now with an expectation for your class... many thanks.

A Quick question on Ith-Sanghya. I am understanding how the ith-sanghya's are applied on Dhatu's so that we get the cleaned, usable version. My question is - do we really use this (applying ith-Sanghya) in the real world, assuming we know the 1943 Dhatu's cleanest forms (from Dr. Dikshit's books etc) ?

If we do use them, where would it be?

Thanks

Jay
jayarams

Postby branganathan » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:47 am

The youtube link that has been posted for Lesson 10 does not work.
Please post the correct link.
Thanks
branganathan

Postby BhavanaChandra » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:54 pm

VarunKhanna wrote:Dear All,

Hari Om!

So, we are halfway done (tentatively)! Please post all questions related to the class from Week 10 under this discussion thread.

In case you missed the lecture, please see it here: https://youtu.be/5KVHsEVaICk

All the best!

Varun

Dear Varunji, Hari Om and Pranams.
Week 10 lesson was excellent.
Thank you for putting us at ease with tenses.... I was very tense with things before !! Thanks for clear explanation of Thing pratyayaas and you dealt with the issue with having studied the earlier way of sanskrit learning with starting with Naamapada.
BhavanaChandra

Postby ivenkat » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:58 pm

Hari Hi OM Varunji
Why are the sutras all pertaining to Dhatus listed at one place in the book? Did Paanini didn't consider Dhatus are important like we are considering now?
Your teaching style and your knowledge of Sanskrit is amazing and I tried learning Sanskrit for a few years but always get bogged down by the grammar but your style of teaching is exciting and interesting please keep it coming - I feel like I can learn this now - Thanks

Hari Hi OM

Venaktarao
ivenkat

Postby kmksde1974 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:37 am

Sir,
What is the difference between chandrabindhu and anuswara ? Please explain with example.
kmksde1974

Postby kmksde1974 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:56 am

Sir,
Instead of memorising ति त: अन्ति. I memorised one model Dhatu in parasmypadi and atmanepadi.For example...
गम् Dhatu गच्छति गच्छत: गच्छन्ति and so on
वन्द Dhatu. वन्दते। वन्देते वन्दन्ते। And so on.
Is it ok sir? If not please explain.
kmksde1974

Postby banibha » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:30 pm

नमस्ते भरून जी,
Maybe we will talk about this in the next lesson, but I just want to let you know about my confusion.

I am confused about परस्मै-पद and आत्मने-पद. The meaning of उत्तम-पुरुष in परस्मै-पद and प्रथम-पुरुष and मध्यम-पुरुष in आत्मने-पद.
Please explain

And since लिङ्ग is only with nama padam, so there are no लिङ्ग attached to dhatus like some other language?

Bani Bhattacharyya
banibha

Postby banibha » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:34 pm

kmksde1974 wrote:Sir,
Instead of memorising ति त: अन्ति. I memorised one model Dhatu in parasmypadi and atmanepadi.For example...
गम् Dhatu गच्छति गच्छत: गच्छन्ति and so on
वन्द Dhatu. वन्दते। वन्देते वन्दन्ते। And so on.
Is it ok sir? If not please explain.

I do not understand why band Dhatu is Atmane-pada?
Please see my question.
banibha

Postby YuvarajAR » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:30 am

Namaste Varunji,

Learning Sanskrit this way is a wonderful journey! Thanks for making it happen for us.

I have a few technical questions:

1) Is there a reason why the 3 Pratyaya sutras that cannnot be potentially combined into 1 (one) sutra since the intent is to attach the इत् flag for pratyaya where the first letter is all that matters?
1.3.6 - षः प्रत्ययस्य
1.3.7 - चुटू
1.3.8 - लशक्वतद्धिते

2) Continuing on the above process, does the लोप apply only to the व्यन्जन or also to the succeeding स्वर based on the अनुपूर्वि form?

3) Is there a reason why the सत्वादि चत्वारि are placed elsewhere? And how is the interpretation to apply to धातु obtained?

Thanks for responding!

Hari OM,
Yuvaraj
YuvarajAR

Postby Dws1008 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:54 am

kmksde1974 wrote:Sir,
What is the difference between chandrabindhu and anuswara ? Please explain with example.

The first is related to nasalisation and the later to vowels?
Dws1008

Week 10 Queries

Postby OzmafaCaw » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:08 pm

Looks like a great week of making memories Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Men's power - I recommend
OzmafaCaw

Week 10 Queries

Postby Aaronaxoli » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:06 am

I want to celebrate the First International G-Spot Week, but I can't find it anywhere on my calender
I suggest you try this gold trading system for successful trading
Aaronaxoli

Week 10 Queries

Postby Bentjudges » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:23 pm

My jeep is too clean & looking for someone to show me what there is around Calgary to get it dirty. My schedule this week is pretty flexible, just let me know what works for you.
Bentjudges

Return to Sanskrit Webinar