Postal foundation Vedanta course

Open Discussion Forum for general public to discuss and debate the fine nuances of Vedanta and its role in spirituality. Rules apply. Registration necessary.
Forum rules
Open Discussion Forum for general public to discuss and debate the fine nuances of Vedanta and its role in spirituality. Rules apply. Registration necessary.

Re: Postal foundation Vedanta course

Postby Padmaja » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:23 pm

Hari Om. Pranams.

Welcome to the forum. I have passed on your question to CIF in charge of Vedanta Course. They will respond soon. Thanks.
Padmaja

Postby Padmaja » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:40 pm

Hari Om. Pranams.

Reply received from admin -

To the query for the vedanta course, you may give them the link
http://chinmayavishwavidyapeeth.in/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=107

For more details they can mail us at vedantacourses@chinmayavishwavidyapeeth.in to Kalavathy ji, administrator, Homestudy courses.
Padmaja

Postby anantharama » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:34 am

Hari Om,

I am a student of foundation vedanta course, I have one doubt with respect to "Maya", can anyone kindly give your valuable inputs on my question.
" Absolute Brahman + maya will lead into creation, As per the scriptures "I am the brahman", the sachidananda roopa, however I am not able realize it because of maya/avidya at an individual level and scriptures provide us information on how to eliminate the same and get liberated. If this understanding of mine is correct, then maya should affect the absolute brahman to have this world. however brahman is not affected by anything not even by maya, these statements are conflicting with each other. I am not sure where am I going wrong in understanding this concept."

Regards,
Anantharama
anantharama

Postby meera » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:59 am

Hari Om Anantharama ji,

Pranaam.

Since you are on the learning path, I will request our acharya to reply to this directly. I am replying only so that you know it is being attended to.

Hari Om.
meera

Postby anantharama » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:01 am

Hari Om,

Thank you meeraji..

Regards,
Ananth
anantharama

Postby BrKutastha » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:30 am

Dear Anantharamanji
Hari Om, Salutations,

We will try to understand with an example, very famous in Vedanta.

When a person sees a snake on the rope, that by which he sees the snake when actually only rope is there, we call it 'delusion'. That power which prompted him to see the snake is called 'delusion'.

This delusion never ever actually affects the rope not even a bit. But from the person's angle it created the snake over a rope. This includes two process. First, the rope vision is fully covered and then the snake is superimposed.

But when the rope itself is not there, the person would have never seen the snake. So there must be a substratum for any 'superimposition'.

So, to explain this we can say:

Rope+delusion = snake vision. Here we can see that the power 'delusion' not affecting the 'Rope' have created the snake.

In the same way - " Absolute Brahman + maya = world vision/ creation of the world. So, the only logical possible is the
'theroy of superimposition' to understand the so called conflicting statements that you have mentioned.

In Shri Guru Smiriti,
Br. Kutastha Chaitanya
BrKutastha

Postby anantharama » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:35 am

Hari OM
Respected Acharya,

Thank you for the explation, It is quite clear for me now.

Pranamas,
Ananth
anantharama

Postby vijaynair1984 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:02 pm

Hari Om,

Vedanta leads to the realization of the absolute. In the physical world, Right action is that which is approved by a majority of people, and wrong action is an action which is despised or discouraged by a majority. I have a doubt. Is there an Absolute Right or an Absolute Wrong? Kindly give your valuable views on this.
vijaynair1984

Postby maneesha06 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:46 pm

Hari Om vijaynair ji,

I am a student of CIF Vedanta course. Hopefully your question will be addressed by some authorized person. In the meantime I will express my thoughts:
Right action is that which is in line with one's duty, and wrong action is an action which is not in line with one's duty.
A knife, when used by a thief to threaten people and steal, is a sin. But when it is used by a doctor to save someone's life, it is not a sin. The doctor may even use the knife to amputate a limb or an organ of his patient to save patient's life.
A terrorist may use weapons to terrorize the citizens which is a sin. The same weapons when used by a soldier to protect the country is not a sin.
Thus, the intentions behind doing any action is more important. Therefor, based upon a situation a particular action may be right or wrong.
maneesha06

Return to Vedanta and Spirituality