Introduction

For registered Online Ignou Sanskrit students only. Post your queries and doubts arising out of the lessons and debate with other students from the world over. May be periodically moderated by an Acharya.
Forum rules
For registered Online Ignou Sanskrit students only. Post your queries and doubts arising out of the lessons and debate with other students from the world over. May be periodically moderated by an Acharya.

Re: Introduction

Postby Padmaja » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:45 pm

Hari OM. Pranams.

Namaste Mangesha:
Mam nam Padmaja (My name is Padmaja).
Aham Sanskritam pathami(I study Sanskrit).

One sanskrit word a day is a great idea !!!
Padmaja

Let's play Sanskrit Antakshari...

Postby Padmaja » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:05 pm

Hari OM. Pranams to All Readers...

I was thinking about Mangesh-ji's 'One Sanskrit Word a Day' theme and a nice idea popped into my head. What do you think about playing "Sanskrit Antakshari" ? :D

Do you know what "Antakshari" is?

Basically, it is played by taking the last sound of a word and then presenting next word that begins with that sound. e.g. say you presented a word "Aja:" (Goat), the last sound of that word is "Ja as in jump" so the next person can present a word that starts with sound "Ja" e.g. "Jalada:" (Cloud).

You don't have to be a student of Sanskrit or any courses for that matter to play this. All you need is just a desire to learn sanskrit words and expand vocabulary. If you like this idea and would like to participate, please post a message briefly introducing yourself.
*** Most importantly, Mangesh ji do you like this idea?
Padmaja

Postby nikitaisrani » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:39 pm

Hari om and Pranams to all.

Myself Nikita Israni, I am a CIF IGNOU Sanskrit student. I am very happy to come across this forum and the discussion on Sanskrit words (Anthakshri) is very encouraging and informative. Thank you Padmaja ji and Magesh ji for starting the discussion.

Thank you and pranams :)
nikitaisrani

Postby Padmaja » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:46 am

Hari OM. Pranams Nikitaji. A very hearty welcome and a very happy new year to you !!!
Padmaja

Return to Certificate Programme in Sanskrit (IGNOU)