Week 20 simple homework question

This forum is for queries and related discussions with respect to the Sanskrit Webinar Class conducted by Dr Varun.

Postby Lilamayi » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:26 am

Hari Om!
Dear Varun ji or anyone else who may be able to help,

While doing the homework I tried to make the dhaatu "जागृ" from अदादि गण and was confused about how some of the endings were coming. Specifically for लाङ् लकार, how do we end up with the forms "अजाग:" in एकवचनम् that it shows on page 176 of the pdf of dhaatupatha? Maybe I am forgetting to apply a sutra here, because I'm not sure how one would arrive at this ending.

Thanks so much for any help anyone can give.

Best,
Lilamayi
Lilamayi

Re: Week 20 simple homework question

Postby sst » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:54 pm

Greetings all, Hari Om.

I'm not able to find any files under the Notes and Homework folders for week 20 on google drive. Can someone please share them?

Dear Lilamayi,

There are a couple of सूत्रs described in the धातुपाठ page you mention. I don't understand the explanation well, but here's what seems to be happening. First, the त् प्रत्यय gets लोप. Following that, the letters beyond the final खर् (ख् to स्) to the end of the word are replaced by विसर्ग. I don't think these sutras have been discussed in the lessons so far.

It will be best for Varun-ji to explain this to us.

regards,
Sandeep
sst

Postby DYECYMNKEK » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:22 pm

I give up. How you you change all of the fluid inside of a transmission system without flushing it?
DYECYMNKEK

iPhone 8 обзор - цена, характеристики.

Postby Gabrielpal » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:55 am

iPhone 8 - цена, характеристики и обзор: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3hC-u3l82w
iPhone 8 - цена, характеристики и обзор: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3hC-u3l82w
Gabrielpal

Postby MichaelSwese » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:32 pm

I have to make 10 but 1 is for an after school class. What group of kids do you work with? I teach in a middle school.
MichaelSwese

Return to Sanskrit Webinar