Viveka & Vichara - weekly contemplation from Acharya Vivekji

Form your group, and discuss with your acharya(s) a selected topic. Highly recommended for study groups.

Re: Viveka & Vichara - weekly contemplation from Acharya Vivekji

Postby AcharyaVivek » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:36 pm

Namah Te from Portland!

i hope this message finds all my fellow seekers infinitely, incessantly and independently Joyous!

"Sleight of hand and twist of fate, on a bed of nails she makes me wait. And I wait, without you. With or without you, I can't live with or without you..."

Famous lyrics of a famous song by a famous band. Famous for we can ALL relate to how difficult relating to people is.

To complete writing about The Happiness Series II i present to you our E-Vichara...

E-Vichara (November 12, 2018) --- Large Heart, small conflict

-The human brain has ~ 90,000,000,000 neurons directing how we act, directing how we react - what science is unable to measure is how the complexity of this wiring becomes exponentially more due to the volatility of the ego

-The highest expression of responsible living is harmonious living - loving oneself, one never harms others

-The 1st step to being large hearted with people is Pray - prayer quietens the mind creating space to understand oneself and others

-The 2nd step to being large hearted with people is Lead - we learn more through our eyes than our ears and by remembering one's blessings being energetic/enthusiastic is easier

-The 3rd step to being large hearted with people is Engage - every person is different and by communing we strive to be more interesting, to be less irritating

-The 4th step to being large hearted with people is Accept - living is hard hence our mistakes, accepting which we forgive ourselves an others

The moral of The Happiness Series - a happy person has morale, a morale person has morals.

Reflection Adventure of the Week (RAW): We can only share what we have. More deeply, we can only share what we are. Please listen/watch to insights from our Devi Culture Satsanga, insights into those who are Happiness --- Guru Stotram (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk76So342HM&list=PL58eJuRHQplno5193_wnua7g1l5TVSt7o)

Laughing Adventure of the Week (LAW): Q - What goes up and never comes down? A - Your age.

Satsanga Adventure of the Week (SAW): Do you like magic? Do you like mantras? Then you will love Magical Mantras! Gather as an individual, gather as a family, gather as a Centre from Mon Apr 15 - Thu Apr 18 from 08.00p-09.30p EST for unique, interactive, virtual discourses focussing on universal prayers. Meaning is a catalyst to breaking down the walls we build between each other, between our Creator. For all ages and all backgrounds, please save the dates and spread the word --- Magical Mantras! (https://medium.com/vicharagurukula/magical-mantras-6289b7477045)

"Booted in love, spurred on with devotion, dressed in sympathy, riding on compassion, armed with understanding, wielding the might of faith, dash on in the world of beings and strive to save and uplift them. The Lord is ever with you." ~ Swami Chinmayananda

Inspire-Love-Be,

v
AcharyaVivek

Re: Viveka & Vichara - weekly contemplation from Acharya Vivekji

Postby AcharyaVivek » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:06 am

Namah Te from Seattle!

i hope this message finds all my fellow seekers infinitely, incessantly and independently Joyous!

Every day Shri Yudhishthira thought of Bhagavan Krishna. One particular day he was missing Him sorely...he felt He is 'leaving'. Shri Yudhishthira calls Shri Bhima to discuss his feelings and Shri Bhima asks what the cause could be for such a feeling. Shri Yudhishthira shares how he has been observing an alarming growth in quarrels within families, an alarming growth in misruling within kingdoms...

Kali means conflict. Today, the overwhelming conflict we observe between societies, between spouses is unambiguously caused by the conflict between selfs, our lower and our higher.

To calm the conflict within we have to follow Ramayana, the constitution of Rama. Let us reorganize our personalities to impeach the conflicted state, to install the content state, mediated by our E-Vichara...

E-Vichara (November 26, 2018) --- Dharmik State

-The ruler in a content self is viveka (prioritization) - trusting Divinity to be the only reality, focussing on what is important becomes simple

-The minister in a content self is vairagya (independence) - Divinity being priority, one depends on none making one most dependable

-The ally in a content self is shanti-sumati (peace) - living for Divinity one seeks those who seek peace

-The capital in a content self is ashrama (effort) - to experience articles, beings, circumstances is ordinary thus needing ordinary efforts, to experience Divinity is extraordinary thus demanding extraordinary efforts

-The treasury in a content self is yama-niyama (discipline) - a lifestyle of working hard and smart will create wealth in the form of discipline

-The army in a content self is abhaya (courage) - with the support of discipline one embraces their responsibilities cheerfully

Reflection Adventure of the Week (RAW): October 15, 2018 was our 9 Year Anniversary. Please enjoy my gift to you --- Year 9 - E-Vichara (https://medium.com/vicharagurukula/evichara/home)

Laughing Adventure of the Week (LAW): Husband - "Oh the weather is lovely today! Shall we go out for a quick jog? Wife - "Hahaha I love the way you pronounce, Shall we go out for ice cream?"

Satsanga Adventure of the Week (SAW): i have finally been able to prepare my itinerary after 2 years (!) --- Satsanga Schedule (http://chinmayaniagara.org/whoweare.htm)

"Surrender to the Lord and act for the welfare of all. Take the insults and praises as His prasada. May the work itself become your ardent field of sadhana." ~ Swami Chinmayananda

Inspire-Love-Be,

v
AcharyaVivek

Previous

Return to Mananam with an acharya