Let us introduce ourselves

Bringing back the much enjoyed open discussion on the Vedic Mathematics, for general public. Proceeds lessons and verse wise. For the keen student seeking a deep understanding of Vedic Mathematics! Registration necessary.

Postby Vinay » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:43 pm

Hari Om All!

Welcome to the Online Discussion Forum of Vedic Mathematics.

Let me start of the thread by introducing myself. My name is Vinay Nair and I’m closely associated with Chinmaya Mission for over a decade. I conduct classes on Vedic Mathematics and school-level mathematics. Together with Chinmaya International Foundation (CIF) we have been conducting workshops, residential camps and awareness programmes on Vedic Mathematics and Indian mathematics. Now we have come out with a Postal / Online Course on Vedic Mathematics for which you have enrolled yourself.

I love mathematics, especially numbers and geometry.

Now let me just give a brief about why we have this Online Discussion Forum. Group Discussion is one of the best ways of getting clarity on a subject. In this forum, we can discuss topics related to the Vedic Mathematics Course and may be something related to mathematics in general. We urge you to take active participation in these discussions we all can gain better clarity on topics through healthy discussions.

I request everyone who has enrolled to introduce themselves on this Discussion Forum (DF) and brief us about you. You can mention if you are a student, a working professional, a retired person or a housewife. If you are a student, what are you studying? Let us know why you opted for the Course? Also share what you like in Mathematics and what are the things you liked in the Course lessons.
Looking forward to interact with all of you.

With Prem & Om,

Vinay Nair
With Prem & Om,

Vinay Nair
Vinay

Re: Let us introduce ourselves

Postby murugans61 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:21 pm

Hari OM Vinay ji
I am Murugan, a working professional, student of CIF, currently doing Online Bhagavad Gita course. I also participate in other discussion forums in this site. I look forward to visiting this forum on Vedic Mathematics often and learn from the discussions.

pranams

murugan
murugans61

Postby sanjay1810 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:50 pm

Hari OM,

I'm Sanjay Rajan located in Mumbai. I am a CHYK. I have been attending CHYK classes in Mumbai for more than 3-4 years now. Currently, I am on sabbatical leave so I thought of completing this course just for fun and some useful knowledge. Right from my school days, I was always fascinated by speedy computations tricks. I had my first exposure to Vedic maths when I read trachtenberg system of mathematics. I like any concept where maths can be applied in day to day life.

Best,
Sanjay
sanjay1810

Postby varunv » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:02 pm

Hari Om.

I am Varun, studying in the 8th standard in Yuvabharathi Public school, Coimbatore. I love Maths and other subjects of analytical nature. Hence the interest to enroll for this course. I'm hoping to learn new tricks and impress my teacher and classmates while advancing my knowledge in my favorite subject.

Regards,
Varun
varunv

Postby Vinay » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:11 pm

Hari Om Binoy!
Nice to know about you and we look forward to getting your inputs in the discussions.
And yes, you can address me by my name.

Hari Om Sanjay!
Happy to know that a CHinmaya Yuva Kendra (CHYK) member is on the forum. Very thoughtful of you to make best use of your sabbatical.

Hari Om Varun!
Welcome to the forum! Really glad to see a school student in the discussion group. Looking forward to see your active participation in the discussion. Feel free to give your opinion and ask any questions.

Dear All,
With a few more participants joining in, we shall start on with a discussion on some topic related to the Course.
With Prem & Om,

Vinay Nair
Vinay

Postby anandsa » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:10 pm

Hari Om

My name is Anand Sankararaman
I am very fond of mathematics and am happy to be able to enrol myself for this course.
Hope to learn great tricks to sharpen my skills on mathematics

Regards
Anand
anandsa

Postby sunilms » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:54 am

Hari Om Vinai ji

I am Sunil , an I T professional, - previously joined two online courses in CIF , Easy Sanskrit and Foundation Vedanta,
the very purpose of me joining the course is to learn something new and which will sharpen my mathematical skills. At the same time I like to know more about history of Mathematics and Mathematicians in encient India.

Pranamam

Sunil
sunilms

Postby Vinay » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:37 pm

Dear Anand ji,

Hari Om!

Welcome aboard! Happy to have you with us on the Online DF. :)

Dear Sunil ji,

Hari Om!

It is so good to see that people like you who have been enrolling for CIF's home study courses one after the other. I hope you have checked out the Online DF for the other home study courses like Foundation Vedanta and Easy Sanskrit. If not, please do that.

Dear All,

Hari Om!

I've put up a thread on ancient Indian Mathematics. Let us meet there!
With Prem & Om,

Vinay Nair
Vinay

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:08 pm

Hari:OM!
Dear Mr.Vinay
This is Ravikumar from Salem.I am 57 yrs old and I am into Parcel Service business.I am closely associated with Salem Chinmaya Mission and Swami.Krishnathmanandaji introduced me to this course.I am a student of Swamiji.Anything related to Vedanta attracts my interest and now I am in to this course.Looking forward to a new experience.
Thanks Mr.Vinay for providing this to us.We are grateful to you.
Regards

Postby Vinay » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:55 pm

Hari Om Ravikumar ji!

It is good to have you with us on the forum. Please visit the other thread on the DF and give your valuable comments and feedback.
And yes, it seems that you have signed in as a guest. Have you created a login id for the DF? If not, kindly do that.

Thank you.
With Prem & Om,

Vinay Nair
Vinay

Postby AdityaRao » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:28 pm

Hari Om, all!

I'm Aditya Rao, a student from Navi Mumbai. I'm proud to be associated with Chinmaya Mission all my life. I'm currently studying towards my BSc in Physics. My fascination for science, appreciation of the underlying maths and the desire to understand the mysteries of this universe grows deeper every day. That is what prompted me to enroll for the Vedic Maths course. I hope I can someday contribute to the field and explore new applications and expressions for mathematics in daily life.

Wishing everyone here all the best with their studies!

Warm regards,
Aditya.
AdityaRao

Postby gkvish » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:36 pm

Hari Om,
I am G.K.Vishwanath (GKV).I am a retired Engineer.I love maths and would like to impart the knowledge of Vedic Sciences and Mathematics to my granchildren in the US.
I discuss these lessons with my wife and we are also learning together from the You Tube.
GKV
gkvish

Postby hamsapriya » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:53 pm

Sir,

Greetings,

I introduce myself as Hamsapriya. I am very excited about this course and look forward to it with great enthusiasm. :P
hamsapriya

Postby RAMESWARI » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:06 pm

Hari Om!
Dear Vinaiji

I am Rameswari, retired teacher. I was handling Maths and Computer Science for all the classes from LKG to Grade 12.
I worked as System administrator in a College. Now I am retired and at home. I love maths and excited to do this course online.

Regards
Rameswari
RAMESWARI

Postby Vinay » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:46 pm

Dear Aditya,

Hari Om!

Happy to have you on board. I'm sure with your love for sciences and mathematics, may be you can unravel some mysteries behind the Sutras (nothing but algebraically coded formulae) in Vedic Maths.

Looking forward for your posts on the DF.

Dear GKV ji,

Hari Om!

All I can say is that your grandchildren in US are so lucky, and we are also lucky to have an enthusiastic grandparent like you for the Course and on the DF. Please share something interesting, or any of your views on the DF so that all of us can get into some real action in mathematics.

Looking forward for more interactions.

Dear Hamsapriya,

Hari Om!

Your smiley shows your enthusiasm :) Looking forward to your active participation in the DF. Do share your thoughts, ideas, queries on the forum.

Dear Rameswari ji,

Hari Om!

Really happy to see a retired teacher on the DF. I'm sure we all can learn a lot of things from you since you have taught from LKG to 12th!

Looking forward to your participation too on the DF.

By the way, the posts that anyone makes, goes to the moderator for approval and only after that it gets posted on the DF. For this reason, you might not see your post immediately appearing on the DF.
With Prem & Om,

Vinay Nair
Vinay

Postby LakshmiSharma » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:36 am

Hari Ohm,
Iam LakshmiSharma a homemaker and a mom of two kids.I like to introduce myself as a friend and batch mate of Mr.Sajith .v.s of NSS college Professor.I have done my Mphil., in Mathematics.I have heard about this vedic Math course and got interested to know much about this course.

Hari Ohm.
LakshmiSharma

Postby Vinay » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:55 pm

Dear Lakshmi ji,

Hari Om!

Welcome to the Online Discussion Forum (DF)! Happy to have someone who has done M.Phil in Maths.

Hope you have received the lessons and started going through the same. We look forward to your participation in sharing views/queries/thoughts on various posts on the DF.
With Prem & Om,

Vinay Nair
Vinay

Postby Vinay » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:11 am

Hari Om Thaarini!

Welcome to the Discussion Forum. Nice to know you that you like maths.

By the way, I didn't see your name in the registration list. What's you registration number?
With Prem & Om,

Vinay Nair
Vinay

Next

Return to Vedic Mathematics