Gita Chapter 10 - Vibhuti Yoga

Bringing back the much enjoyed open discussion on the Gita, for general public. Proceeds Chapter and verse wise. For the keen student seeking a deep understanding of Krishna’s counsel! Registration necessary.
Forum rules
Bringing back the much enjoyed open discussion on the Gita, for general public. Proceeds chapter and verse wise. For the keen student seeking a deep understanding of Krishna’s counsel! Registration necessary.

Re: Gita Chapter 10 - Vibhuti Yoga

Postby Payyubg » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:39 pm

Slokas 21-24

Having told us that he exists in anything and everything , and that one can meditate on these physical entities causes even more confusions since we might not know what to pick and choose. Bhagawan comes to our aid once again. He chooses one item from each category of objects for us to meditate upon. The following slokas are the list of such objects/ persons things etc.

He is Visnu among the 12 Adityas, the sun among all the luminous bodies, Marici among the gods of rain, moon among the stars.
He is Sama Veda among the Vedas, Indra among all the gods, Aditya's and Rudras. He is the mind among the eleven senses, and the intelligence in a person.

He is Sankara among the Rudras, Yaksha among the Kuberas,of the Vasus He is the purifying fire, and of the mountains He is Meru.

He is Brihaspathi - chief of all the priests, Skanda among the war lords, and the sea among the lakes.
Payyubg

Postby nikhil1707 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:35 pm

Sloka 12-13

Lord Krishna is the supreme adobe in which whole universe rests and he is the most scared.As a soul He is eternal.as formless and having attributes.

Sloka 14
He is a creator, preserver and destroyer of entire creation adn from seventh to ninth chapter whatever Lords says Arjuna think as true.
The Lord told to Arjuna that we both have passed through so many births and Arjuna don't know but Krishna knows it thus Arjuna belives it true.
The Lord cannot be known by the poem of men, gods and demons because their power belong to matter while he is beyond the matter.The Lord can be known by His grace to the devotee who s having exclusive devotion,depends on Him only

Sloka 15-16
In this five vocatives are used and in non other place in the Gita so many vocatives have been used at a time. He is enraptured by listening to His divine glories and His grace for the devotees.
The Lord knowns Himself by Himself, the soul. a fragment of the Lord should also know itself by itself because it cannot be known by senses, mind and intellect etc.
The Lord in seventh verse declared that he who knows the reality His glory and power get established in Him and Arjuna want to know the glories and power so that his devotion for Him as he want to attain salvation through devotion.

Sloka 17
Arjuna questions means 'O Lord! in which form have You revealed Yourself so that I may think of You in those forms?'.Arjuna knew Lord Krishna but he did not knowHim in His entire form and He had curiosity to Know Lord's entire form so he Asked Lord That How should he know His entire form and what different form should he think of You?
It proves that the Lord's divine glories are not of secondary importance but they are very important as they are the means for God-realization. So long as a striver does not know God in reality, he has the notion of primary and secondary importance but when he knows God in reality that he has no notion of primary and secondary importance because when there is no other entity besides God.

Sloka 18
The Lord Krishna explained the Knowledge of wisdom in seventh and ninth chapters and he was not satisfied so Krishna started the topic again in the Tenth chapter.
Arjuna attention was drawn particularly towards the Lord grace and Hi glories so he request Lord to tell him in detail that he may endowed with unfaltering devotion to Him.
Arjna want to know what s decidedly good for him and Lord Krishna has declared he who knows the reality His diving glory and power is endowed with unfaltering devotion so Arjuna requested Krisna to advise him of His glories in detail once again.

Sloka 19
Arjuna requested Krishna to tell him more of divine glories amd power So lord Krisna starts talking of His divine glories here (He will speak of His power in the forty-first verse)
Krishna told to Arjuna to hold his hundreds ad thousand of divine forms because a person can hear more than he can see.The power of vision is limited and less than that of hearing.The Lord say that by hearing to the the Gospel of Gita Arjuna comes to know the Lord power more and more.
When a listener asks a speaker something having pride of his own he cannot get a satisfactory answer but when he puts a question politely, modestly and innocently he gets a satisfactory answer.In this chapter Arjna wants to know the glories of God so the Lord declares that there is no end or limit but in the eleventh chapter he prays to Him politely and hesitatingly to show him the Universal form the Lord confers on Him divine eyes and enables him to behold His Cosmic Form.

Sloka 20
Like ornaments are made of gold there is nothing but gold though in between they may have different names and shapes as ornaments in the same way of beings areborn of Him, they live in Him,in different forms and they merge in Him.It means that there nothing elese at the begining, in th middle and at the end, besides the Lord.
nikhil1707

Postby nikhil1707 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:59 pm

Sloka 21-23

Vamana is the most important son of all twelve sons of Aditi.As a incarnation of Vamana He got the property of demons, as charity and gave it to the sons of Aditi to the gods Among the luminaries such as moon, stars and fire etc the Lord is the radiant sun, by whole light all of them are illuminated.The Lord is the glory of the forty nine Martus it is because of that glory that Indra the king of the gods spilit the foetus of Diti into forty nine parts, but the foetus instead of being destroyed was turned from one to forty-nine.Lord Krishna is the lord named Moon of twenty seven stars whatever distinction there is in those divine glories is of lord.
There is a description of Lord glory in Samaveda so Samaveda is the divine glory of the Lord.Indra is the chief one the lord of the gods so Lord Krishna mentioned him as His divine Glory.
The sense works properly when mind remains in them but if it wanders away they cannot function properly SO the mind is reckoned as the Lord divine glory.
The difference between the living person and the dead person is that the former has consciousness while the latter has no consciousness so this consciousness is the Lord divine glory
nikhil1707

Postby nikhil1707 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:09 pm

Sloka 24

Brhaspati is one of the best of all priests and he is superior to others in learning and wisdom so he divine glory of the Lord.
Skanda is the son of Lord Sankara has six faces and twelve arms and general of gods so he is Lord's divine glory.
Of the mass of water, the ocean is the biggest is very deep and remain within limits so it is called a Lord's divine glory.
nikhil1707

Postby Arvind » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:03 am

Sloka 21
आदित्यानामहं विष्णुर्ज्योतिषां रविरंशुमान्‌ ।
मरीचिर्मरुतामस्मि नक्षत्राणामहं शशी ॥

There are a total of 12  Adityas mentioned in the Visnu Puruna. Bhagavan says I am am Visnu among them. Here Visnu means Vamana Avatar also. Sometimes the 12 Adityas are taken as the twelve months.

Bhagavan says i am the Sun among all lights. When we look at the Sun and its greatness great bhava is generated in our mind, for the Sun is the source of all energy and sustains all Life on earth. Also it is free of darkness (ignorance)- bright and resplendent. So if we superimpose this bhava and meditate upon the Lord as the Sun, we will also become bright and resplendent. Therefore this is also upasana.

Bhagavan further says of the winds I am the Marichi. Different categories of winds are there, and among them on is the Marut, who is the presiding deity of the wind.

Of the asterisms Bhagavan says I am the Moon. In the moon we can see his glory. Moon light brings delight to all, but stars cannot be comprehended this way. The Moon is soothing as well apart from its other good effects on earth. So Bhagavan says meditate I am the Moon among the stars. 

Hari Om
Arvind

Postby Arvind » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:12 am

Sloka 22
वेदानां सामवेदोऽस्मि देवानामस्मि वासवः ।
इंद्रियाणां मनश्चास्मि भूतानामस्मि चेतना ॥

Among the Vedas I am Sama Veda. The Sama Veda has the unique characteristic that it can be sing in tune, and therefore brings great joy to all.

I am Vasava (Indra) among the Devas. In indra whatever power, prosperity and divinity you see it is because of Me. Also Indra is the highest position in the kingdom of heaven.

Among the senses the Lord says I am the Mind. Mind controls all sense organs and is chief among them, with Mind we can control the senses. When mind is quiet, the Lord manifests in the mind. Hence seeing Mind as Brahman is a subtle upasana. Or another meaning is that God can be realized only by a subtle mind. Hence it is said mind is the Lord's dwelling place. Hence all effort must be made to keep the mind pure, calm and tranquil as it is the Lord's abode.

Among all the beings I am चेतना. चेतना means intelligence, but what is meant here is the Consciousness that reflects in a pure mind, then the radiance of such a mind that reflects the Lord fully is called चेतना.

Hari Om
Arvind

Postby Arvind » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:35 pm

Sloka 23
Of the 11 Rudras the vibhuti or divine, transcendental opulence of the Supreme Lord Krishna is Sankara which is synonymous with Shiva as given in Mahabharata. Of the Yakshas and Rakshasas, His vibhuti is Kubera the lord of wealth and treasurer of the demigods Among the eight Vasus His vibhuti is Pavaka the fire-god known as Agni. Of lofty mountains possessing peaks His vibhuti Mt. Sumeru.

Sloka 24
Lord Krishna reveals that of priests His vibhuti or divine, transcendental opulence is Brihaspati the chief priest of all the demigods. The word senaninam means generals or commanders of armies of them all Lord Krishna's vibhuti is Skanda who commands the armies of the demigods and is known as Kartikeya the son of Shiva. And of fixed bodies of water His vibhuti is the mighty ocean.

Hari Om
Arvind

Postby Arvind » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:05 am

Hari Om,

Thank you everyone for your reflections on Slokas 21-24.

Now let us see Slokas 25-27.

Word and Sloka Meaning: Arvind
Reflections : All

Pranams
Arvind
Arvind

Postby Arvind » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:26 am

Sloka 25
महर्षीणां भृगुरहं गिरामस्म्येकमक्षरम्‌ ।
यज्ञानां जपयज्ञोऽस्मि स्थावराणां हिमालयः ॥

Word to Word Meaning:
महर्षीणां = Among the great Rishis
भृगुर = Bhrigu
अहं = I am
गिरामस्म्येकम = Among the words
अक्षरम्‌ = I am the One Syllable (OM)
यज्ञानां = Among the Yajnas
जपयज्ञोऽ = japa
अस्मि = I am
स्थावराणां = Among the immovable things
हिमालयः = I am the Himalayas

Full Sloka Meaning:
Among the great Rishis I am Bhrigu; among words I am the one syllable OM; among sacrifices I am the sacrifice of the silent repetition (Japa); among the immovable things I am the Himalayas.

Sloka 26
अश्वत्थः सर्ववृक्षाणां देवर्षीणां च नारदः ।
गन्धर्वाणां चित्ररथः सिद्धानां कपिलो मुनिः

Word to Word Meaning:
अश्वत्थः= (I am) Aswatha
सर्ववृक्षाणां = among all trees
देवर्षीणां= Among the divine Rishis
च नारदः = I am Narada
गन्धर्वाणां = Among the Gandharvas
चित्ररथः = I am Chitraratha
सिद्धानां= Among the perfected ones
कपिलो मुनिः = I am the Muni Kapila

Full Sloka Meaning:
Among all trees (I am) the pipal tree; among the Divine Rishis I am Narada; among the Gandharvas I am Chitraratha; among the Perfected Ones, the Muni Kapila.

Sloka 27
उच्चैःश्रवसमश्वानां विद्धि माममृतोद्धवम्‌ ।
एरावतं गजेन्द्राणां नराणां च नराधिपम्‌ ॥

Word to Word Meaning:
उच्चैःश्रवसमश्वानां= (I am) Ucchaisravas
विद्धि= among the horses
माममृतोद्धवम्‌ = born of nectar
एरावतं= (I am) Airavata
गजेन्द्राणां= Among the lordly elephants
नराणां च= Among men
नराधिपम्‌ = I am the King

Full Sloka Meaning:
Know Me among horses as Ucchaisravas, born opf Amrita, among lordly elephants, the Airavata, and among Men the King.
Arvind

Postby sathiavathi » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:01 am

HARI OM
VERSE-21
From this verse to until the end of the chapter Lord enumerates his vibhuti or divine, trascendental opulance. He reveals that amoung the twelve Adityas He is the Vishnuwho is the chief of them all. Of the

lights that shine in the countless universe His vibhuti is the solar group
consistinmg of all suns.Of the seven maruts He is the chief parivaha who bears the name Marici
the primal wind which preceded all the others. Of all constellations He refers to the Moon as being the lord over all the constellations.

verse-22
Lord reveals that amoung the four vedas ,His vibhuti is the samavada, of all demigods He is the celestial chief Indra. Of the eleven senses called Indriyanam being seeing, hearing, tasting,
touching, and smelling which corresponds respectively to the eyes, ears,tounge, skin, and nose
with the elevanth being mind which as the chief of them all is His vibhuti.Of all living beings
whatever consciousness arises with in them apart from intelligence that is also His vibhuti.

verse-23

Amoung the eleven rudras or demigods of destruction, Lord's transcendental poulence is Sankara which is synonymous with Shiva . Of the yakshas and rakshasas, His vibhuti is Kubera the lord of wealth

and treasurer of the demigods and of the eight vasus, His vibhuti is Pavaka
the firegod Agni.

verse-24

Lord reveals that of the priests He is Brihaspati The chief priest of all demigods. Amoung the generals or commanders of armies of them He is Skanda who commands the armies of the demigods and is

known as kartikeya the son of Shiva.
sathiavathi

Postby lakssg » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:00 pm

Verse 21
Now lord tells Arjuna how to meditate up on self among the objects of transaction
Lord points out his glories
-Among 12 adithyas - I am Vishnu the most important. It can also be taken as the son of adithi- vamana avathar of lord.
Among the luminaries I am the sun- sun is the radiant and also is the source of all energy .nothing can beat the effulgence of the sun. Like sun BRAHMAN illumines all experiences of all creatures
Among the marus I am marichi - chief among the 7 maruts
Among night luminaries I am the moon -the cool smoothening light .
Verse 22
Vedas – all has come from lord only –but Of all Vedas lord is Sama veda- melody and rhythm of this gives joy of divine music.
Among 33 crores devatas lord is indra. First among devatas.
Among indriyas lord is the mind .all indriyas can perceive only 1 data whereas mind can cognize and coordinate all
In all beings – lord is the sentiency- which imparts life or awareness to a being .
lakssg

Postby murugans61 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:51 am

Hari OM

Bhagavan describes His glories in these verses. The Lord is careful to add both in the beginning and in the end that it is not an exhaustive list of His glories. They are the important ones. Nobody can exhaust the glories of the Lord. Krishna begins the enumeration with the very Self. The best, the closest , and the most evident expression of the Lord is the very "I", the Consciousness. He is Vishnu, Sun, Marici, moon, Samaveda, Indra, Mind, intelligence, Sankara, Kubera, Agni, Meru, Brhaspati, Skanda, Ocean, Bhrgu, Om, Japayajna, Himalayas, fig tree, Narada, Citraratha,Sage Kapila, Uccaihsravas, Airavata, King among humans, thunderbolt, Kamadenu, productive passion, vasuki and the list of bests goes on. Whatever is there which is glorious, rich, powerful, they are all expressions of only a ray of His glory.

Pranams
murugans61

Postby sathiavathi » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:50 pm

HARI OM

VERSE-25
Lord Krishna reveals that of the holy sages His vibhuti is Bhrigu. Of articulte sound

vibrations His transcendental opulence is the monosyllable OM the root of all sound. Amoung
yagna or propitiation and worship of the supreme Lord ,His vibhuti is japa yagna or the devoted
chanting of the Lord's holy names. Of immovable mountains His vibhuti is the Himalaya

mountains.

verse-26

Amoung the trees Lord's divine transcendental opulence is the Asvatta or the sacred banyan
tree. Amoung celestial sages His vibhuti is Narada OF EXCEPTIONAL bhakti or loving devotion.
Amoung celestial singers and musicians His vibhuti is Chitraratha of outstanding singing.
vabhuti Of perfected beings who have since inception acquired spiritual wishdom , dispassion ,

renunciation ect. and are endured with great purity , holiness and enlightment possessing all

supernatural powers, His vibhuti is Kapiladeva the son of kardama muni and Devahuti.
sathiavathi

Postby lakssg » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:19 pm

Verse 23
Continuing the glories lord tells
Among Rudras ( categories of beings evolved from lord shiva) I am sankara- diety of creative destruction.this continous stream of destruction is essential for proper functioning of universe.
Among yakshas and rakshas I am kubera- lord of wealth.
Of the 8 vasus I am the pavaka-agni .agni takes ahuthi and hands it over to other deities .
Of all peaks I am meru-a mythological mountain believed to be the centre of universe

Verse 24
Among the Rajapurohits I am their chief brihaspath- purohit of indra.
Among the generals I am skanda
Among the lakes I am ocean-
lakssg

Postby Arvind » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:06 am

Sloka 25
Among all the great seers I am Bhrigu. Lord Vishnu kept Bhrigu's footprint on his chest, hence the sage is extolled.
Among all letters I am the syllable OM. OM is the most auspicious and peace giving word. OM indicates the symbol of Bhagavan, the eternal Truth and is the name, symbol of Bhagavan. It has three components the A, U and M each representing one aspect of his divinity, hence OM is all inclusive.
Among all sacrifices I am the Japa Yajna. Bhagavan loves japa yajna. Because in other yajnas there are qualifications and restrictions on who can perform it. But this yajna is the repeat of God's name and anyone can perform it. It is wast to perform of Japa with great results and can performed any time without restriction of time or space.It is also the means for both purification and concentration, great alertness can be gained by japa along with devotion and purity. Hence its greatness.
Among all unmoving things I am the Himalayas, It is auspicious place for many Rishes, including Nar and Narayan who are doing tapa there still. All mountains are Bhagavan's glory and Himalayas has a special place - it is also source of Mother Ganga.

Sloka 26
Among the tress I am Ashvatta (pipal). Pipal tree is worshiped on auspicious days.
Among the Divine Rishis I am Narada. He is welcomed by all including the Asuras, and he always spreads the message of God.
Among the Gandharvas I am Chitraratha. He is supposed to be the best celestial singer. Idea is whatever is best, see it has His Glory.
Among all the perfected sages I am Kapila.

Sloka 27
Among horses I am Uchhaisravas. Horses are royal and benefit human beings. Most kings gave horses as the power, so he becomes royal. Bhagavan says I am that 'horse power'. Among all horses I am Uchhaisravas, which emerged from the churning of the ocean.
Among the lordly elephants I am Airavata, which is vehicle of Indra.
Among human beings I am the king, I am present as the King. A King is also a human but he is endowed with power of control, ruling and so on. Bhagavan says that power is Me. The implication is that kings who rule must have this bhava that God is working through Me. He must rule as God will rule- looking after his subjects always. Once who is a leader is expected to work like God- compassionate and so on.

Hari Om
Arvind

Postby sathiavathi » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:50 am

HARI OM
VERSE-27
The horse Uccaihsrava and the elepant Airavata were got during the churning of ocean.Hence they are counted as celestial. Uccaihsrava is considered one of fourteen gems of the world and is regarded
as the king of horses.Lord calls Uccaihsrava as his own self. The leader of a herd of elephants is called Gagendra. Amoung such Gajendras the celestial elephant Airavata is owned by Indra and is
regarded as their chief. Lord declares him to be His own self. A king devoted to his duty and adorned with virtues enumerated in the scriptures urges his subjects to righteous acts,deterring them
from sinful pursuits , and protects them. Hence he is regarded as superior to other men.Therefore Lord calls him His own self.
sathiavathi

Postby Schandra » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:39 am

Hari Om

In verse 25, Lord Krishna continues to talk about His Vibhuti in different aspects. From being Bhrigu, the greatest sage, to Om , though just composed of one letter,it is the foremost. He continues to say that He is expressed in Japa Yagna which according to The Lord is the highest form of Yagna since it's no restrictions, constraints or limitations and be easily performed by all. He goes on to say that the Himalayas which are the most formidable of the immovable objects in the world is an expression of His.

Verse 26

Bhagawan continues to say that the Aswattha tree is also another of His expressions. The peepul tree has always been considered the most sacred of trees. Sage Narada who is considered one of Ishvara 's most devout bhakta, who has been welcomed by all including the asuras and is one who chants His glory constantly is yet another of The Lord 's expressions. The gandharva Chitraratha is mentioned next followed by Sage Kapila who was bestowed with siddhis and also attained liberation and was also considered the father of Sankhya philosophy.

Verse 27

We continue to learn more of Bhagawan's expressions in Ucchaihshrava and Airavata( divine horse and elephant) who emerged while the Ocean was churned for nectar by the Devas and Asuras. The Lord then moves into familiar territory when He says among humans,He expresses Himself in the leader whose leadership is in line with dharma and whose accomplishments are a result of hard work.

The Lord 's list is not limited to only what He has described but is only an indication to the extent of His expressions. In other words, Bhagawan expresses Himself in everything, animate or inanimate.
Schandra

Postby lakssg » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:07 pm

Verse 24
Among the Rajapurohits I am their chief brihaspathi- purohit of indra.
Among the generals I am skanda.
Among the waters I am ocean- eventhogh different lakes and rivers have different names and looks different their source is the one ocean. They exist due to water in the ocean and finally culminate in the ocean.likewise the entire world of plurality begin, exist and end in lord and lord only.

Verse 25
Among maharshis ( mind borne sons of brahmaji)I am most tejasvi bhrigu.
Among words I am “om”-word symbol indicative of eternal
Of all sadanas I am japa yagna. The great sadana which washes away all sins of sadak
Of motionless things I am Himalaya

Verse 26
Among all trees I am papal tree .it is representative of samsara vriksha as mentiond in KathoUpanishad. It is as good as immortal with a long lifespan
Among devarshis I am narada. Narada is a missionary who worked continuously to spread lords message .
Among Gandarva iam chitraratha. Gandarvas entertain those in the heaven and chitraratha is brilliant among them
Among siddas I am Kapila muni. Siddas are those who are great thinkers .muni kapila is the author of sankhya philosophy

Verse 27
Among horses I am ucchaisravas borne from milk ocean when churned for amritha. Horse represents power and mighty
Among lordly elephants the Airavatha.
Among men I am the king.king is superior among men because he is the ruler and protector of all .
lakssg

Postby Arvind » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:50 am

Hari Om ,

Thanks everyone for your reflections on Slokas 25-27.

Now let us see Slokas 28,29,30.

Word and Sloka Meaning: Arvind
Reflections : Everyone

Pranams
Arvind
Arvind

Postby Arvind » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:25 pm

Sloka 28
आयुधानामहं वज्रं धेनूनामस्मि कामधुक्‌ ।
प्रजनश्चास्मि कन्दर्पः सर्पाणामस्मि वासुकिः ॥

Word to Word Meaning:
आयुधानाम = Amomg the weapons
अहं = I am
वज्रं = the thunderbolt
धेनूनाम = among the cows
अस्मि = I am
कामधुक्‌ = the Kamadhuk
प्रजनश्चा = the progenitor
अस्मि = I am
कन्दर्पः = (called) Kandarpa (or Kamadeva)
सर्पाणाम = Among the serpents
अस्मि = I am
वासुकिः= Vasuki

Full Sloka Meaning:
Among weapons, I am the thunderbolt; among cows I am Kamadhuk; I am Kandarpa, the Cause for offsprings; among serpents I am Vasuki.

Sloka 29
अनन्तश्चास्मि नागानां वरुणो यादसामहम्‌ ।
पितॄणामर्यमा चास्मि यमः संयमतामहम्‌

अनन्तश्चा = Ananta
अस्मि = I am
नागानां = among the serpents
वरुणो = Varuna
यादसाम = among the water dieties
अहम्‌ = I am
पितॄणाम = Among the Pitras or ancestors
अर्यमा = I am Aryama
चास्मि = I am
यमः = Yama
संयमतामहम्‌ = among the controllers

Full Sloka Meaning:
I am Ananta among Nagas; I am Varuna among water-deities; I am Aryama among Pitrus or ancestors; I am Yama among the controllers.

Sloka 30
प्रह्लादश्चास्मि दैत्यानां कालः कलयतामहम्‌ ।
मृगाणां च मृगेन्द्रोऽहं वैनतेयश्च पक्षिणाम्‌

Word to Word Meaning
प्रह्लादश्चा = Prahalada
अस्मि = I am
दैत्यानां = Among the Daityas
कालः = Time I am
कलयतामहम्‌ = among the reckoners
मृगाणां = Among the beasts
मृगेन्द्रोऽ = I am the lion
अहं = I am
वैनतेयश्च = son of Vinita , Garuda
पक्षिणाम्‌ = among the birds

Full Sloka Meaning
I am Prahalada among Daityas, Time among reckoners, the Lord of beasts (Lion) among the beasts and Garuda among the birds
Arvind

PreviousNext

Return to Bhagavad Gita Discussion Forum