The Greatest Commentary on Bhagavad Gita

Bringing back the much enjoyed open discussion on the Gita, for general public. Proceeds Chapter and verse wise. For the keen student seeking a deep understanding of Krishna’s counsel! Registration necessary.
Forum rules
Bringing back the much enjoyed open discussion on the Gita, for general public. Proceeds chapter and verse wise. For the keen student seeking a deep understanding of Krishna’s counsel! Registration necessary.

Re: The Greatest Commentary on Bhagavad Gita

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:26 am

Hari Om! Pranams to all!

Muruganji, I still Pujya Gurudev saying in one of his lectures (I think it is Krishnaavatar, but am not sure) in which Pujya Gurudev says and I quote to the extent I remember, "--if you ask Sri Krishna to write his autobiography, it would be full of tears and would start like----Uhhuu u I was born in Jail, and my poor parents were put in prison by my uncle because I was to come uhhuhhu, and because my uncle would kill me, my father had to take me across Yamuna in a basket the moment I was burn, but as Yamuna was full of flood, and my father may drown, I had to put my tender feet outside so that my leg goes below my father's nose so that he would not drown and since I was a just born child, Yamuna could not afford to wet my feet for I may catch a cold, and after my father put me in the house of a poor cowherd with no silks or beautiful beds even though I was a prince, then I had to do different tricks even when I was a few days old, when my uncle fearing his life, sent me one after another a series of rakshasas whom I had to kill every time until one day I had to kill my own uncle ---uhhuuu -- But instead of ruling the kingdom, I had to give the crown to my grandfather Ugrasena, and had to live the life of mendicant, build a new kingdom - Dwaraka but since I was the younger brother, I had to give the kingdom to my elder brother, ooohooo - and give the jobs to all the relatives and friends and relative of relatives etc., -- and we all know what happens if we give the jobs to our near and dear -- they would become Boss no. 2 and say ---"Arre, Boss tho mera aadmi hai--" -- and the entire all the law and order gets lost and at this stage, Lord Krishna decided to join politics in Delhi ahha aahh aaa--but supported the wrong party, but being a loyal party worker (not like our present day politicians) he also went to the forests along with his party men and sufferred all the pains till he had to support the wrong party, Pandavas in the war against Kauravas or dharma, and had to give the full chapter of Bhagavadgita - to the main warrior- who did not want to fight the war till he fought the war and in the war I had to support him in a number of killings and reestablish the Dharma----and then decides to retire to the jungles --- ." At this stage, Pujya Gurudev says- " but Krishna being a chronic diabetic because he is --' adharam madhuram, vadhanam madhuram --- madhuradhipathe akhilamadhuram ' left his body after being hurt in the foot by a learner hunter ---' Then Gurudev continues to narrate in his inimitable style --, but the gist is --- " But have you ever seen Krishna without the hypnotic smile, in all his tribulations he continues to keep his smile going on -- so also each and one of us to continue to smile through the trials and tribulations --- '

Muruganji, when you drew the attention of all on the main commentary on the Gita, it only made me recollect all the above aspects and I fully agree that life of the author of the Gita is but the only and main commentary of Gita. I fully agree with your comments on this.

Hari Om and Pranams!

S Ganesh

Re: The Greatest Commentary on Bhagavad Gita

Postby Vinay » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:23 pm

Dear Ganesh ji,

Hari Om!

Thanks a lot for sharing the lovely commentary from Gurudev. Could imagine how he must have narrated the whole story. And I'm sure no one else would have thought of Krishna's story in this way. Truly, Gurudev rightly gave Krishna's message as the motto (KEEP SMILING) to all our Chinmaya Vidyalayas.

Thank you once again for sharing the anecdote.

With Prem & Om,

Vinay

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:23 pm.
With Prem & Om,

Vinay Nair
Vinay

Return to Bhagavad Gita Discussion Forum