Gita Study Group:Chapter 2:Sankhya Yoga

Bringing back the much enjoyed open discussion on the Gita, for general public. Proceeds Chapter and verse wise. For the keen student seeking a deep understanding of Krishna’s counsel! Registration necessary.
Forum rules
Bringing back the much enjoyed open discussion on the Gita, for general public. Proceeds chapter and verse wise. For the keen student seeking a deep understanding of Krishna’s counsel! Registration necessary.

Re: Gita Study Group:Chapter 2:Sankhya Yoga

Postby murugans61 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:35 pm

Hari OM

Q 26) When is one said to have attained “Yoga”?

Srutivipratipana te yada sthasyati niscala
Samdhavacala buddhistada yogamavapsyasi

When your intellect, though perplexed by what you have heard, shall stand immovable and steady in the Self; then you shall attain Self-Realisation.

The mind gets agitated mainly due to the flooding in of the ever-new rush of stimuli from the outer world. Sense organs are the antennae through which the world’s tickling signals creep in and disturb the mental pool. One is considered as having attained Yoga only when, even in the midst of enjoying sensuous pleasures, and even while the sense organs are letting in a flood of stimuli, does not get at all disturbed in one’s inner serenity and equipoise.

Pranams
murugans61

Postby murugans61 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:41 pm

Hari OM

Q 27) Arjuna requests Sri Krishna for a description of the “ Man of steady Wisdom”. Quote the relevant verse.
Sthitaprajnasya ka bhasa samadhisthasya kesava,
Sthitadhih kim prabhaseta kimasita vrajeta kim

What, O Kesava, is the description of him who has steady Wisdom and who is merged in the Superconscious state? How does one of steady Wisdom speak? How does he sit? How does he walk? ( 2.54)

Pranams
murugans61

Postby Padmaja » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:23 pm

Hari Om. Pranams to All.

Wishing a very happy, healthy, wealthy and peaceful new year to you and your dear ones.

I am back from India trip. Thank you Umaji and Muruganji for coordinating the Gita forum in absolutely outstanding way during my absence. Will resume after day or so..
Padmaja

Postby uma » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:22 am

Hari Om. Pranam to all.

Welcome back Padmajaji :)

Happy New Year to Padmajaji, Vanjaji, Muruganji, Abhayaji and all other reading / contributing to this forum.

Posting Terms and Definitions from HGRR :

Terms and Definitions :

18. What are the two expressions of maya ?

At the intellectual level, maya expresses itself as a film of doubt and hesitation in our understanding or experiencing of the Self within us. This expression of maya is the " veiling power" ( avarana shakti ).

Due to this mist of ignorance that envelopes the intellect when it is unconscious of the Spiritual Reality behind it, the mind starts projecting forth the world of the "not-self" and creates two firm ideas that : (a) "the world is true" (satyatva ) and (b) that " I am nothing other than the projected world " ( anatmabuddhi). this is maya's expression as "projecting power" (vikshepa shakti ). (2.52)

19. What does the term "sthitpradnya" mean ?

Man of stady wisdom ( 2.54)

Regards

Uma
uma

Postby Padmaja » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:50 am

Hari Om. Pranams.
uma wrote:Hari Om. Pranam to all
It is indeed difficult to practice “samtva” in life and the only key is “abhyas” and “devotion”, as Muruganji has narrated in his post. Would love to hear others’ thoughts / reflections on this and eagerly awaiting Padmajaji’s arrival to hear her on this issue.
Regards
Uma

Umaji, haven't really gone through all the valuable discussions between you and Shri Muruganji. However here is off the top what comes to my mind about "Samatva" -

I think Samatva is removing "contents" from all our experiences. e.g. when I am in India there are different things, people, places, traditions around me than when I am in USA. If my focus is on "contents" of my experiences, then USA will feel very different to me than India. However, if I am not focused on flimsy "externalities" flying around me and keep rooted within (my being or Lord or awareness or Self or whatever you might want to call it) with steadfast, rock solid faith and devotion, then my mind will be same always. All I will think is "What is expected of me right now?" and will take care of that thing beautifully with dedication, enjoying it in its fullness and entirety. When next task pops up, I will take care of that task exactly the same way, beautifully with dedication, enjoying it in its fullness and entirety. Even past, present and future will fold and collapse before me this way, because without "contents" of experiences there is no change and without change there is no "time". Thus we can gain "skill in action" which is basically skill of remaining in joy always by removing "contents" from all experiences. These are my thoughts.
Padmaja

Postby vanajaravinair » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:42 pm

Hari Om

Thank you Umaji, Muruganji and Padmajaji.

Samatvam is a State of Mind. A person established in the Self, is ever mentally at equipoise. He is not disturbed by likes or dislikes, praise or criticism, pain or pleasure. He is free from all the opposites.

When a person is not bothered about ‘the doership or enjoyership’ (ego), he is not particular about the results of his actions also. Because he believes in the Lord who makes him as one of His Instruments and it is He who works and it is He who deserves all the results from the actions. He does not work for himself but having inspired by a Higher Goal, he serves the world with love. The service he renders itself is self-rewarding. So he expects not whether it would be a success or failure. He serves for the benefit of all, as if serving God. When we serve God, we do not expect anything in return, the action itself is out of Pure Love and self-rewarding. Such a man’s mind is always at equipoise, as he is neither a doer nor an enjoyer. His state of mind is Samatvam.

For eg., when we all serve in organizing a Geetha Jnana Yagna, we work in a team spirit inspired by the Vision of Gurudev. We forget the time we spend, we forget everything, we get more energy to do anything, encourage one another in the team. The state of mind we experience at that time is equanimity. Those who are established in the Self, experience this equanimity all through their life.

Pranams,
Vanaja Ravi Nair
vanajaravinair

Postby murugans61 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:49 pm

Hari OM
Welcome back Padmajaji and Vanajaji and thank you for the wonderful learning points on Samatvam.

Samatva is removing "contents" from all our experience. A person established in the Self, is ever mentally at equipoise.

I heard in one of the satsangs that if the entire Gita is to be summarized in one word or pharase, it is Samatvam or Samadharshanam. I could not comprehend this comment, however as we are progressing on this topic of Samatvam, it makes more sense to me now.

Perform Karmas as per Dharma, ever established in Brahman - is the formula for achieving Samatvam.( The Krishnarjuna samvada teaches us the Yoga Sastra and Brahma Vidya)

Pranams
murugans61

Postby vanajaravinair » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:10 am

Hari Om

Thank you Muruganji.

Wish to add something more to Samatvam or Yoga. When our ego and egocentric vasanas are dropped off, and new vasanas are not added on top of it, the state of mind we experience is called Yoga or Samatvam. i.e., when the Objective Mind and Subjective Mind is integrated or tuned well, then our mind behaves according to the tune of the intellect, and then there pervades peace only.

Pranams to all

Vanaja
vanajaravinair

Postby Padmaja » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:23 pm

Hari Om. Pranams.

Here are the Verses for our discussion. Please post your thoughts, your study notes, reflections on these verses.

Offering this garland of verses to you O Krishna with Love and prostrations from all of us, please help us in our studies.
==========================================================================================================
Verse 51

कर्मजं बुद्धियुक्ता हि फलं त्यक्त्वा मनीषिणः .
जन्मबन्धविनिर्मुक्ताः पदं गच्छन्त्यनामयम् ||५१||

Karmajam buddhiyukta hi phalam tyaktva manishinah
Janma bandha vinirmuktah padam gachhantyanamayam

karmajam – born of action, Budhiyuktah – with knowledge, Hi- indeed. Phalam – the fruit. Tyaktva- having abandoned. Manisinah – the wise. Janmabandha- vinir muktah – freed from the chains of birth, Padam-the state, Gacchanti – go, Anamayam- beyond evil

The wise, with knowledge, having given up the fruits of their actions, freed from the chains of birth, go to the State which is beyond all evil. The wise, meaning those who know the art of true living, undertake all work, maintaining in themselves the full evenness of mind, and thus abandon all anxieties for the fruits of their actions. These two conditions, under which the wise work, bring out fully the picture of an individual who acts renouncing both ego and ego motivated desires.

Verse 52:

यदा ते मोहकलिलं बुद्धिर्व्यतितरिष्यति .
तदा गन्तासि निर्वेदं श्रोतव्यस्य श्रुतस्य च ||५२||

yada te mohakalilam buddhir-vyatitarisyati
Tada gantasi nirvedam srotavyasya srutasya ca

Yada- when, Te- you, Mohakalilam- mire of delusion, Buddhih – intellect, Vyatitarisyati – cross beyond,Tada- then, Gantasi – you shall attain,Nirvedam – indifference, Srotavyasya- of what has to be heard, Srutasya- what has been heard, Ca- and

When your intellect crosses beyond the slush of delusion, then you shall attain indifference as to what has been heard and what has to be heard. The term “what is yet to be heard” is to be understood as a representative term standing for all “ sense experiences that are yet to be experienced”. When the intellect becomes purer then it loses all its erstwhile charm for sense experiences – what it had before , and what it may gain in future.

Verse 53:

श्रुतिविप्रतिपन्ना ते यदा स्थास्यति निश्चला |
समाधावचला बुद्धिस्तदा योगमवाप्स्यसि || ५३ ||

shrutivipratipanna te yadaa sthaysati nischala
samaadhavachala buddhistadaa yogamvaapsyasi

श्रुतिविप्रतिपन्ना -perplexed by what you have heard, ते -your , यदा -when ,स्थास्यति -shall stand , निश्चला -immovable , समाधौ -in the self , अचला -steady , बुद्धि :-intellect , तदा -then , योगं -Self realisation, अवाप्स्यसि -you shall attain

When one's intellect has the steady equipoise, undisturbed by the experiences that reach the subtle body through its sense organs, then that individual is said to have attained yoga. The word "heard" is not to be taken literally and should include all experiences from all sense organs. Even in the midst of all sensuousness and even while all sense organs are letting in a flood of stimuli, the inner serenity and equipoise is maintained, than yoga is said to have been attained.

Verse 54:

अर्जुन उवाच
स्थितप्रज्ञस्य का भाषा समाधिस्थस्य केशव |
स्थितधी: किं प्रभाषेत किमासीत व्रजेत किं ||५४ ||

sthitapradnyasya kaa bhaashaa samaadhisthasya keshava
sthitadhi : kim prabhaashet kimaaseet vrajet kim

स्थितप्रज्ञस्य -of the sage of steady wisdom, का - what, भाषा - description, समाधिस्थस्य - of the man (merged ) in the superconscious state ,केशव - O Keshava, स्थितधी : -the sage of steady wisdom, का - what (how ), प्रभाषेत - talks, किं -what (how ), आसीत -sits , व्रजेत -walks , किं -what (how )

Arjuna said

What, O Keshava, is the description of him who has steady wisdom, who is merged in the Super conscious state ? How does one of steady wisdom speak, how does he sit, how does he walk? Intrigued by the description of the Karma Yogi, Arjuna is asking Krishna , how does a karma yogi appears, how he acts, how he speaks. In fact, Arjuna's question is double forked. He is asking about the a) description of the state of mind in a man of realisation and b) explanation as to how such self realisation experience will influence his actions whilst interacting with the outer world.

Holy Gita Ready Reference:

Terms and Definitions :

18. What are the two expressions of maya ?

At the intellectual level, maya expresses itself as a film of doubt and hesitation in our understanding or experiencing of the Self within us. This expression of maya is the " veiling power" ( avarana shakti ).

Due to this mist of ignorance that envelopes the intellect when it is unconscious of the Spiritual Reality behind it, the mind starts projecting forth the world of the "not-self" and creates two firm ideas that : (a) "the world is true" (satyatva ) and (b) that " I am nothing other than the projected world " ( anatmabuddhi). this is maya's expression as "projecting power" (vikshepa shakti ). (2.52)

19. What does the term "sthitpradnya" mean ?
Man of stady wisdom ( 2.54)

Thoughts and Concepts:

26 When is one said to have attained “Yoga”?

Srutivipratipana te yada sthasyati niscala
Samdhavacala buddhistada yogamavapsyasi

When your intellect, though perplexed by what you have heard, shall stand immovable and steady in the Self; then you shall attain Self-Realisation.

The mind gets agitated mainly due to the flooding in of the ever-new rush of stimuli from the outer world. Sense organs are the antennae through which the world’s tickling signals creep in and disturb the mental pool. One is considered as having attained Yoga only when, even in the midst of enjoying sensuous pleasures, and even while the sense organs are letting in a flood of stimuli, does not get at all disturbed in one’s inner serenity and equipoise.

27 Arjuna requests Sri Krishna for a description of the “ Man of steady Wisdom”. Quote the relevant verse.
Sthitaprajnasya ka bhasa samadhisthasya kesava,
Sthitadhih kim prabhaseta kimasita vrajeta kim

What, O Kesava, is the description of him who has steady Wisdom and who is merged in the Superconscious state? How does one of steady Wisdom speak? How does he sit? How does he walk? ( 2.54)

Verses for memorisation:

अर्जुन उवाच
स्थितप्रज्ञस्य का भाषा समाधिस्थस्य केशव |
स्थितधी: किं प्रभाषेत किमासीत व्रजेत किं ||५४ ||

sthitapradnyasya kaa bhaashaa samaadhisthasya keshava
sthitadhi : kim prabhaashet kimaaseet vrajet kim (54)
Padmaja

Postby uma » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:53 am

Hari Om. Pranam to all.

How does one achieve / tries to achieve Self Realisation has been explained in these stanzas. The main key is stable mind, in other words equipoise. Generally, we react towards the stimuli of our sense organs, either with pleasure or pain. We also have different thoughts in our mind, we relive such sensory experiences which we have experienced in the past and then imagine about future, hoping for more pleasant experiences and complete avoidance of the sad, painful ones. The mind wavers, oscillates whilst doing so, favouring some experiences and hating some of them. And whilst it is indulging in such imaginary as well as outside world, all the time it is projecting this world to be true. Such delusions, such complete involvement of the mind through all sensory experiences in the outside world, act as a veil, a veil which covers the Self.

Equipoise of the mind would help in sloughing off such delusions, piercing the veil, thus leading us to the discovery / realization of the Self. The key is to live in the present, carrying out all our work / duties efficiently without anticipating the results.

Hearing all this, Arjuna is curious about the workings of the mind of such a person, who is “sthitpradnya” , whose intelligence has established in purity, how he would act, how he would stay , interact with the outside world.

Regards

uma
uma

Postby murugans61 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:09 pm

Hari OM

Reflections on verses 51-54

People who are endowed with a karma yoga buddhi, first gain clarity of mind. Then knowledge takes place, which results in giving up punya and papa and gaining moksha. I am afflicted is a notion that everyone has. Knowing that I am limitless Brahman, I am not afflicted by anything because there is nothing other than Brahman.

There is no greater delusion than wanting a solution to a problem that is centered on the I and expecting the solution to be outside of the I. This great delusion is due to a lack of understanding of what I am about, What the world can give, what my problem is and What I really want and so on. The impurity of this delusion is what is given up by discriminating between the atma and anatma. When our mind is no longer under the spell of moha, we gain vairagya with reference to what we heard and what we have yet to hear.

When our mind is no longer distracted by the various means and ends to be gained, it will remain steady and Wise , firmly established in the Self.

How does such a wise person interact with the world? Is there any indication that this person has wisdom? Will there be any difference in how this person interacts with the world and how an ordinary person interacts? What is that characterizes the person’s wisdom? This was the spirit of Arjuna’s question in verse 54

Pranams
murugans61

Postby Padmaja » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:20 pm

Hari OM. Pranams.

Thanks Umaji for highlighting points like how equipoise in sensory experiences will help us discover the Self, how living in present is a means for that and how Arjuna is curious to know working of the mind of the man established in Self and his interactions with outside world.

Thanks Muruganji for your loaded statements like "There is no greater delusion than wanting a solution to a problem that is centered on the I and expecting the solution to be outside of the I." and for highlighting that when our mind is no longer under the spell of moha, we gain vairagya and then it remain steady and firmly established in the Self.
Padmaja

Postby Padmaja » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:31 pm

Hari Om. Pranams.

Here is my reflection on Verses 51-54:

51. Karma Yoga is 'devotion through work'. When we work for our Guru or some higher cause, we keep aside all our ego, so we have 'evenness of mind' while working. There are no likes/dislikes, identification with mental agitations, individual preferencess etc. When we work with attitude of worship (seva bhav) we are 'givers'. We are not 'takers'. Our work is like dropping coins in the donation box in front of temple altar. So ego centric anxieties like 'What would I get', 'how much would I get','when would I get' are not there. Mind is at peace.

This leads to Self Realisation in sequence.

No ego and no ego centric desires while working => Vasana Purgation => purification of mind => preparation for taking higher flights in meditation => Self Realisation

52. Currently any 'joy' we get, we immediately attribute it to the 'objects outside' e.g. my joy is due to 'cup of tea', because of money I am happy etc. This only strenghtens our hunger for 'more and more objects' outside and we keep working for it. Doubts and hesitation on our part in understanding and experiencing infinite bliss within(Self) is called Veil of ignorance. Because of this Veil of ignorance we have notions like 'I am something other than bliss(I am BMI,anatma)' (Anatmani atma buddhi) and 'world of objects is real' (jagati satyatva buddhi). When we get purification of mind through karma yoga, we are able to at least give a chance to entertaining idea that 'infinite bliss is my true nature'. We develop capacity to pierce through the veil of ignorance. We are ready to experiment. To the extent we entertain the thought that 'joy is within and it is my true nature', to that extent our attachment and clinging to outer world of objects drops, our desires and fanciful imaginations of anticipation of joy in future drops. Essentially we develop Vairagya.

Purification of mind through Karma Yoga => ability to pierce through veil of ignorance => No dependency on world of sense objects => Vairagya => Peace

53. When can we say that an individual has crossed over veil of ignorance and attained Samatva Yoga? When, even in the midst of enjoying sensuous pleasures, and even while the sense organs are letting in a flood of stimuli, one does not get at all disturbed in one’s inner serenity and equipoise, then we can say that he has attained this yoga.
*** We don't have access to anybody else's mind, so we can only judge this for ourself. Not for others.

54. When we hear all this we get fascinated by it, we desire it but are aware of our distance from this goal, we have our doubts like 'would I be able to live vigorous life outside' after attaining this yoga. So we resort to hear about the one who is living it. We want to know what is the state of mind of a perfect Yogi and how that influences his actions in the outer world. Arjuna setting aside his dejection is now taking active interest and asking this question to compassionate Bhagvan.
Padmaja

Postby Padmaja » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:07 pm

Hari Om. Pranams.

Now that we all have reflected on the verses, I request Umaji to raise practical questions for our reflection on these verses..thanks.
Padmaja

Postby uma » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:37 pm

Hari Om. Pranam to all.

Difficult task indeed of raising practical questions. But still trying.

We learn, we understand and try to behave as per this upadesha. And yet, something happens to upset the mental equilibrium.

Let’s take up an example, one has been given a task, organizing some program. One is trying to do it, as per best of one’s ability, sincerely putting in all the efforts, trying to enjoy the process and not setting up eyes on the end result.

Still, not all the time, one can please everyone. Suggestions pour in from all sorts of people, who by themselves aren’t doing any work, even if they are friends. The organizer has to listen to all and then take a decision of accepting some and rejecting some. In the process, some people get hurt. The organizer cannot keep on explaining everything to everyone. So even if the event is success, in the process some people are happy, pleased with the efforts and the success of the event, some are bound to be unhappy. Even if they enjoy the end result, they taunt / criticize / point out tiny flaws/ get angry about why they were not taken in confidence about some matters. The organizer, who is emotional in mature, gets disheartened, especially when such criticism comes from people/friends known to him. The end result was good, he has enjoyed the process as well and still lost the mental equilibrium, as his friends have criticized him in this process. What should he do, how he should regain the equilibrium ? And how he should interact with his friends ?

Regards
Uma
uma

Postby Padmaja » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:57 am

Hari OM. Pranams.

Thanks Umaji for coming up with this interesting practical question based on scenario. If any of you get a chance, please watch Pujya Guruji Swami Tejomayanandaji perform His daily work. We can see Karma Yoga in action there !!! My take on your question -

1. I see one thing missing in the scenario - Devotion to higher goal. If that was in full measure, all happenings would have seemed like a war seen by a hawk flying high in the air. When we are charged with love for our Guru/God , our eyes only remain on 'pleasing our Guru/God'. All else seems insignificant (including what we feel etc.). We have to remember - if we want certificate from others, then we won't get it from the Lord ! Lack of devotion makes one get caught up in little pin pricks of work.

Also, we shouldn't try to get 'joy out of work'. Work in inert. It can't give or take anything. Our joy is with us. Focusing on higher goal gives us more awareness of it, so we have to keep focused there without letting anything else distract us.

2. There is no problem even if we feel agitated. Fortunately nothing lasts in this world, including our emotions. We should neither hit ourself for having agitations nor give undue importance to them. They pass eventually. We should always be firmly rooted in 'doing the right thing' !

3. We are not God. We are humans. God dispenses results. He does not judge us based on 'outcome of actions' like how many people got pleased and how many got hurt. When sun shines in the sky, does he care if he is disturbing somebody's sleep or helping somebody grow crops in the fields? He just does his work. Lord only sees if we have followed our dharma or not, if we have used our potential fully or not, if we have done our best efforts shedding laziness or not, if we have worked with selfless attitude or not. As long as we are doing that, we are OK !
Padmaja

Postby uma » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:26 pm

Hari Om. Pranam to all.

Excellent explanation Padmajaji. Thanks.

My point of view:

I feel, devotion to higher goal, maybe present in this case, having excellency in work, devoting to work and carrying it out to the best of abilities, may be considered as devotion to higher goal.

What I sense here, is hidden desire for appreciation, maybe not from all, but from known persons/friends. And that desire is the culprit. Carrying out work, without this desire would be more sensible.

One doesn’t try to find joy in work, but working joyously is required, as per my belief. God is joy / bliss and that bliss should be felt in whatever we do.

And yes, everything heals / forgotten after some period of time. But mental agitation must be removed as it might affect further work. Maybe reading scriptures, devoting to some activity which one enjoys, listening to discourses etc, as per one’s nature, could be a solution.

Sun’s example is really really apt. And yes, we are humans, and actually that is why, all these feelings, emotions, expectations and agitations. But there is God within us, within every living thing and being on this earth and we must strive to reach Him. Maybe, one should meditate regularly, deeply for a longer period of time perhaps.

Would definitely try and see Swamiji perform his work, as and when I get the opportunity. Nice suggestion indeed.

Regards

uma
uma

Postby Padmaja » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:24 pm

Hari Om. Pranams.

_________________________________________________________________________________
News date : 2011-01-17
Birth date: 21st May 1936
Mahasamadhi date: 17th January 2011

Pujya Swami Purushottamananda, one of the foremost senior disciples of Pujya Swami Chinmayananda, attained Mahasamadhi on 17th January 2011, at 7:40 AM in Mumbai.

Swami Purushottamananda was Chinmaya Mission's Regional Head for Maharashtra, Goa and Gujarat. For more than 40 years Swamiji taught and held spiritual retreats all over India. Swamiji was the driving force behind the beautiful Chinmaya Mission Ashram at Kolhapur, which houses Chinmaya Ganadhish, the world's tallest idol of Lord Ganesha. Countless spiritual seekers have benefitted from Swamiji’s teachings. He will be greatly missed by his devotees. He will live on through his books, audio recordings and through all those whose lives he has touched and transformed. The final rites will be performed on, 18th January, at 10 AM at the crematorium in Mulund West.

* The Shodashi will be held in the Kolhapur Ashram.

Central Chinmaya Mission Trust
Sandeepany Sadhayanalaya
Saki Vihar Road
Mumbai, 400 072
Phone: +91-22-2857 2367
Email: ccmt@chinmayamission.com
Padmaja

Postby Padmaja » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:29 pm

Hari Om. Pranams.

Heartfelt Shraddhanjali and Pranams to Swami Purushottamanandaji ! May we all get inspiration from Swamiji's exemplary noble Life of devotion, sacrifice and service.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Pujya Swami Purushottamanandaji: An Inspirational Mahatma
by Chinmaya International Foundation (CIF)

Pujya Swami Purushottamanandaji was an inspirational person, a great mahatma, and a very saintly soul. He was indeed a Purushottma - a person who is nobility personified. We all will miss Pujya Swamiji very dearly. Literally, till his last breath, Pujya Swamiji served Gurudev. What an exalted example for all of us to emulate! Pujya Swamiji showed us how to live the teachings of Gurudev Swami Chinmayanandaji in daily life by his simplicity, saintliness, and cheer. May Pujya Swami Purushottamanandaji Grace and Blessings be with us all. May we too be devoted to Pujya Gurudev the way He was. The Yoga-vaśiṣṭa says, "Like the space that is within the pot merging with the total space, the Mahatma too merges with the supreme Brahman when the body drops away." Mahatmas never die for they become ever enshrined in all our hearts. Om Avināśine Namaḥ.
Padmaja

Postby murugans61 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:55 am

Hari Om.
Heartfelt Shraddhanjali and Pranams to Swami Purushottamanandaji

Pranams
murugans61

PreviousNext

Return to Bhagavad Gita Discussion Forum